Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Dinky liked Wales so much...he's been back

Well a really good strong breeze whizzed Dinky accross the Irish Channel and as the clouds started to clear Dinky found himself above some lovely lush green hills. Gently he floated over little towns and valley's until he came to rest in the Rhondda Valley. Dinky knew where he was as the wise old Welsh Dragon had told him all about his adventures there when he was a young Dragon, all pimply and spotty. That was where the Dragon had met his very first girlfriend Cerys. She was a pretty little Welsh Dragon who lived near the mines as she liked to eat the coal there as it gave her the best smoke free flames (and no bad breath).

The wise old Dragon had told Dinky about some friends of his, Mark, Kirsty and Cassie their dog who lives there. Dinky soon found them out walking their lovely dog Cassie and introduced himself. Mark and Kirsty invited Dinky to join them in a visit to The Rhondda Heritage Park. Dinky said he's love to go with them and off they set. There Dinky learned all about how coal was mined through the ages. Dinky was very tired after his busy day sightseeing and learning about the coal. He thanked Mark and Kirsty and they said that they would send some postcards to Megan to show her where Dinky had been. Just as he was thanking them a gust of wind blew him back up into the air and as he floated high into the clouds Cassie barked goodbye....................

The postcards arrived today
Hey hens it's Dinky

Mishka - listen to what Dinky's been doing..the hens weren't interested

Do you want to read it mum?

You know that if I close my eyes I could almost be there!

Megan wants to say a huge thankyou to Mark, Kirsty and Cassie the dog. XX
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Meganrose
Aww thanks Anne-Marie. Dinky may be getting a bit nearer home then

Perhaps you can show Megan my card last after everyone elses has landed - and suggest after all those travels he needs a rest now lol
mark meek
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-08-2006, 07:05 PM
it was a pleasure looking after dinky when he was down this way . hope he was as happy as megan looks
mark
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 07:28 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh look at that happy little face shes a real cutie
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Arrr lovely story and pics she really is an adorable little girl x
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Dinky's reunion with Nessie

Dinky was feeling a little homesick again and as the wind was blowing towards Scotland he wondered if her might be able to visit his cousin Nessie - The Loch Ness Monster at Inverness.

As he was thinking about this he saw the face of Jojo the Little Leprechaun appear in the cloud. Jojo appeared to wink at Dinky and some sparkly magic dust fluttered down on Dinky as he passed under the cloud. The dust was all the colours of the rainbow, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet and as it fell onto Dinky he started to travel really fast, as if he was on one of the jet fighter's that he used to watch roaring above him in the skies.

As he zoomed past the hills and Lakes in Cumbria he wondered if Megan was thinking about him as he nearly flew into a Goshawk that was fishing for some trout over Keswick. "Watch out" the Goshawk squawked at Dinky "don't you know I've got three chicks to feed" "Sorry" replied Dinky as he sped on his way. In no time at all he was in Inverness by the Loch. The wind gently placed him down right by the side of the lock as if it knew exactly what Dinky wanted to do. "Goodness me" said Dinky, I don't think that I've ever travelled so fast before. There was a rippling in the Lock and then little by little a big snake like head appeared out of the water, looking all around before fully coming up our of the water. "Why I thought I knew that voice" Nessie laughed "it's you cousin Dinky, how are you"?Dinky was so very pleased to see Nessie and told him all about his big adventures. Nessie told Dinky about a friend of his Eunice, who would be round shortly and Nessie felt sure that she would help Dinky to write and send another postcard to Megan.

As the two of them were talking about some of the adventures that the wise old Welsh Dragon had enjoyed, Eunice appeared and introduced herself telling Dinky that she would take him to visit some of the sites in Scotland. Dinky and Nessie said their goodbyes and Nessie slumped back beneath the water and Dinky set off with his new friend Eunice.

Well what a day Dinky had....He went to see Edinburgh Castle, Stirling castle and even Culzean Castle. He was worn out! But, he had a lovely time and would have some beautiful memories to take with him. Eunice promised Dinky that she would send a card to Megan for him (but, what Dinky didn't know was that Eunice was also sending Megan a tee-shirt with Nessie on it so as Megan could see Dinky's cousin). Dinky started to spiral up and up into the sky higher and higher he went as he shouted "Thank you" to Eunice he disappeared into the clouds................

And well here it is

"Mum it's Dinky"

"If I close my eyes and count to 10 I can be there with him"

Megan would like to say thank yo so much and "do you like my Nessie teeshirt"?
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Thats so sweet. Look at her little face bless her. Loving the story
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

17-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Hi Megan You are very welcome. I think Dinky enjoyed his visit to Scotland and I really enjoyed meeting him and the time he spent with me and would like to thank you for letting me share him with you. I am so happy you like yourTee shirt with Dinky's cousin Nessie on it and I look forward to hearing more of Dinky's adventures.
Love Eunice XXXXXX
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Thanks all. I believe Dinky has even been spotted in the land down under

Watch this space.............................
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 08:39 PM
This thread just gets better and better!
'Fraid we didn't make it to the zoo today...but will get there ( or know someone else who will) !!!!
Lovezois...how cute is that tshirt...bless!
Page 6 of 22 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »