register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Are you for or against organ donation? (Please explain reasons on your choice)
Yes I'm for it and am an organ donor. 52 68.42%
Yes I'm for it, but too scared to be one. 9 11.84%
No I'm not for it and am not an organ donor. 4 5.26%
Other....... 11 14.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 10:32 PM
im a organ donor,my cousin was only 7 it was his birthday and was crossing the road at christmas with his brother and sister on a zebra crossing in dublin 8 years ago and someone ran into them injuring his sister and brother and he died later that night in hospital,he was a organ donor and if someone needs my innards when ive gone and there any good they can have them,all my family know and im on the register,its a gift and if i needed the gift of life they its one id be truly gratefull of.x
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Most definately for it and am on the register.

I think that everyone who has said "I'm not sure but I don't really know why" should have a very long hard think about it. Is "I just feel a bit funny about it" a good reason to deny someone something so important?

I also believe that if you are not willing to donate yourself, then you should not be eligible for a transplant either.
IHeartDoggyz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2007, 12:42 AM
I just want to say my grandad s life was extended also made more comfortable basically kept him alive..im talking bout blood donars, due to some un selfish ppl out there i had my grandad for a little longer.

Organ donating.. i do also believe in life after death ect..i believe in so many things, but i think if i donated my organs my heart,liver ect.. it would have no affect on me in the after liofe or spirit world, when you die your body is just a shell, its not you anymore, so you dont need your heart,eyes ect.. when you die ''you'' your soul which is you leaves the empty shell that was once your body .
So i am all for being an organ donar, if your death can give life to someone else than thats amazing.
As for my daughter mia, she is 8 yr old now, i would not auto sign her up as an organ donar, id want her to look into it when shes old enough and make that decision herself.
I think it is hard for the relatives left behind, the last thing i wanted when i lost my grandparents and my dad was someone saying..can we have your dads heart or eyes ect... so i do see the other side to..
I am all for it but everyone entittled to make that decision for themselves.. i understand ppl may think oh no if they take my eyes or my heart ect i wont be able to see ect.. but like i said i believe your body is a shell when you die the person you are ''YOU'' your soul, your spirit leaves the body...when your body is buried the eyes and heart liver ect will only rot and be eaten away anyway, so the eyes ect will be gone soon, if creamated your organs will be burnt and gone..either way they will be gone so why not give them to save a persons life?
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-09-2008, 02:11 PM
I am an organ donor and have been since my teens (a long time now!). I believe very stongly that you should have to opt out of being a donor otherwise your organs will be used. I respect peoples view that this is not right for them but it seems such a waste to just destroy organs that could be lifesaving for someone else.

I dont believe that we will need our organs in the afterlife. If you have ever seen a person who has died you will know that there is a difference about the body ;
a feeling that something has left and the body is now just an empty shell.

The Transplant team are very sensitive when removing organs and there is a lot of regulations and tests carried out before an organ is removed and transplanted. Even if a person has had cancer it is still possible for them to be a donor, some of our patients have donated their corneas for example. It depends on the individual and the type of treatment they have received.
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8