register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Are you for or against organ donation? (Please explain reasons on your choice)
Yes I'm for it and am an organ donor. 52 68.42%
Yes I'm for it, but too scared to be one. 9 11.84%
No I'm not for it and am not an organ donor. 4 5.26%
Other....... 11 14.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble
Which is fine if you have had a life to live, some are born with defects and would never have a normal life if not for transplants.
Isn't that part of the rich tapestry of life? We weren't, as far as I'm aware, supposed by judge, jury and executioner in determining what and who lives and what and who doesn't.

I think that's nature's role.

I think it is relatively easy for someone who has led a fairly healthy life to adopt your point of view. Some have not been so fortunate.
You presume that because I don't and haven't needed an organ transplant then I must be a perfectly healthy individual? I'm not going to use a public forum to advise you just how wrong your somewhat unfair presumption is, but I can assure you, it's very wrong.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Perhaps you should read it again it does not presume anything about your life.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Edit: On reflection, I'll bow out at this point. I've said all I can say on the debate.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-09-2006, 08:37 AM
I obviously received the unedited version in my email,
I have to say personally I try not to make judgements regarding anyones specific circumstances, and the comments were not aimed at you specifically but in debate of a serious issue. I neither know anyone in need of a transplant or who has received one, but that does not stop me from arguing the case for the need for more organs to be donated and more people to register.
I do think it is very sad that only 22% are registered doners.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble
I obviously received the unedited version in my email,
I have to say personally I try not to make judgements regarding anyones specific circumstances, and the comments were not aimed at you specifically but in debate of a serious issue. I neither know anyone in need of a transplant or who has received one, but that does not stop me from arguing the case for the need for more organs to be donated and more people to register.
I do think it is very sad that only 22% are registered doners.
It is very sad and I'm not proud that I'm not a doner. But I can't help the way I feel.

And yes if I needed a transplant and was lucky enough to be offered one I'd probably take it (still have a few issues there too though).
Perhaps I'm not entitled to one, I don't know.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2007, 03:42 PM
im on the organ donation list and god forbib anything happening to my family i would like to think wat parts of me thats usefull will be taken when im gone,my cousin died in car crash and his organs were donated and if i needed a donation i would like to think that id be able to get one,but i also think when your time is up ,its up .im a great believer in if its not meant to be then its not.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2007, 03:44 PM
im all for organ donation ,not to keen on blood donations though i dislike needles intensly
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-02-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm another one who is definately for organ donation. I'm very lucky in the fact that both myself and my family & friends are all in fairly good health. But I wouldn't think twice about donating my organs should anything happen to me (heaven forbid).
I work in a job where I regularly deal with those who have died and if nothing else it has confirmed my personal belief that when you die all that is left is a shell, your soul, spirit etc has gone.
If by removing some organs from you it will help somebody else to live a little longer or easier I'm all for it. If not they go to waste in the cemetery or crematorium.

For those of you who have the buried alive phobia I promise that they do check (a lot!!!) before a funeral takes place!!!!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2007, 07:02 PM
I am for it but unfortunatly won't be donating anything myself as I believe if I am to come back I want everything. I fully believe if you donate your corneas you will come back blind and if you donate other parts you will come back with either severe problems or not make it.
I have very strong beliefs in life after death.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2007, 10:48 AM
im not an organ donor - but i do belive if my family wants to give my organs (except my eyes) to someone who needs them AND NOT RESEARCH!! then i have no problem with it

i dont need them when i die - but for some reason i dont want my eyes to go (i dont kno why!!!)
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >