Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
pretty crap day here ....OH out all day laying floor tiles for his brother ( can't get him off the saofa here )......Arsenal lost and its rained all afternoon

but man u won thats what made it good for me lol sorry inca
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Today? Pretty crap...!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by shady73
but man u won thats what made it good for me lol sorry inca
thats just made my day even worse ...thanks
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Started the day with a 'fun filled' stability calculation. Followed that with a desk load of personnel assessments which is still underway, interspersed with fruitless attempts to contact the office in order to arrange a chopper to the airport for tomorrow morning. Now decided to leave everything in the lap of the Gods. The Gods have not been particularly cooperative this week.
Lozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Mines been ok but i havent done nowt what so ever! lol

x
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-04-2006, 09:55 PM
We had a great day just relaxing really.We walked in our usual place this morning.Then went to my parents house for Sunday dinner,followed by a lovely walk in the sunshine at a place called Southwater country park,just south of Horsham in Sussex.Ossie insisted on going in the lake for a swim,which he found difficult as he had his extendable lead on (must be on lead around lake as swans are nesting)He is knackered now like us,only he is asleep and im waiting for match of the day 2 to start.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 10:07 PM
By recent standards, pretty good for a change!
Went to a show (clearly a masochist!!) Deccy won, went BOB and Group 2 (my best group result in 10 years of showing) Polly, despite her ear being shaved and still lumpy, won the big charity class (judges taste, no real judging as such) then came 2nd in Veteran, lots of people who I barely remembered from 6 months ago came up to chat, and as I was still there when they were packing up I got a free sandwich which was left over but still tasty all the same.
On the minus side, we had snow, hail and sun in random order, the zip on my trousers went, I haven't done any ironing for tomorrow and my early night has disappeared as I have taken all weekend to write two simple letters and just printed them off now. And I don't have a big enough envelope for one of them.....
Back to reality tomorrow
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lozzy
Mines been ok but i havent done nowt what so ever! lol

x

Well whats new Laura - you never do
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-04-2006, 10:50 PM
A neighbour called to help me set up my new Mac G5 computer, and we upgraded the operating system to OSX 10.4 Tiger, Then we discovered that my old modem won't fit, then we found that Tiger won't talk to dialup! We did get it running, using my laptop as a modem (via ethernet), but that's far too complicated for me! Apparently, I will have to have broadband to get it on-line, but I was planning to do that soon, anyway - hopefully, whichever BB ISP I choose will supply a suitable modem.

At least I know the machine is working, at least as a "secretarial" standalone. And, by Jove, it's fast!

Tomorrow, my neighbour is going to take it to his house, and update all its software via Broadband download, or some of his own Apple discs. I'll have to wait till Mrs S comes home to sort the BB: no doubt she'll have to have her say (despite knowing nothing about it)

Doggies have had their usual quiet day, as I'm not able to walk them however, they are both snoring quietly near my feet.

I have just let them out for a widdle, to see that it is snowing again , which is something I could well do without!

In the meantime, I'm plugging along, typing to you all on the faithful laptop.

Snorri
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, G5..yum. Yeah, few probs with them, as OH has G5s all over his office at work, 3 screens on the one on his desk (he needs to see lots of stuff, I guess) we have a G3 still at home(sigh) and it seems like a dinosaur compared to his works pootas.
Long live the slightly less obscure nowadays Macs... may they become better known and compatable without selling out totally! LOL..

(I wanna G5 now..not fair, when his office upgrades again, gonna pester for one of here old ones, and wipe everything and prolly wack a new HD in it to be sure.)
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >