Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2019, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Happy birthday Lauryn. Hope her friend is well enough to go for lunch
Can't wait for the summer...I hope it's hot, I am fed up of the constant coughs and colds I am getting
When its hot you moan about wearing shorts...……...no pleasing you...…........LOL
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2019, 03:55 PM
I don't mind wearing shorts... just finding ones I like!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2019, 04:13 PM
Afternoon all,
Thank you for the birthday messages for Lauryn, her friend still not well, Tony still poorly, so me & Lauryn had a girly morning, coffee & cake at Costa then a walk round a couple of clothes shops
It’s very windy now, quite stormy. Not that cold though
We’ve got a Harry Potterfilm on
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Happy birthday Lauryn. Hope her friend is well enough to go for lunch
Can't wait for the summer...I hope it's hot, I am fed up of the constant coughs and colds I am getting
I’m same, love the summer - I always say I’m not made for winter
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2019, 05:04 PM
Awwwww, shame about Lauryn's friend but pleased you managed to do something with her
Just rung mums friend...the lady whose husband died, I call her everyday mum is away, just to check she is o.k and see if she needs anything
Just attempting to cook quinoa...not a clue what I am doing!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2019, 06:01 PM
Happy Birthday to Lauryn Mandy sounds like a nice day together.
Ha ha me neither griff. Not a clue how to cook quinoa. Let us know if turns out alright.
Nice thing to be doing for mums friend.

Busy busy day here moving furniture around to make sure when new sofa arrives and we get some nice tub chairs it will work looks like it will. Plus Gorden has done well making progress with the opening of the fireplace enough of a hole now for the guy who is coming Friday to give us clues about what we need.
We do however have cardboard blocking the hole there and a nice box that has Ollies and Max's ashes in and their toys and some nice tall candle holders on top of box. So it looks reasonable to live with for a short while.
Having a nice Spanish white wine while tea is cooking one Michael brought over from Spain. One of his favourites this year very nice it is to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2019, 07:17 PM
Lynn, just don't do what my dad did....fell in love with a wine, couldn't get it here or at a reasonable price and imported 4 flipping cases of the stuff...San Valentin he likes
The quinoa, I used twice the amount of water to the amount of quinoa, I booked it until the water was absorbed, took it off the heat and covered it and left it for a few minutes...it was o.k
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2019, 07:45 PM
Is it a bit like couscous griff. You can add all sorts to that.
I will look for it in the Spanish wine section of supermarkets may find it to be honest we mostly drink red but for a white it is very nice.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-01-2019, 08:00 PM
Hi all.
Hope you all had a good day. Milder here at 9°C. Bit windy - well we had cabbage soup.

We visited a disabled lady and she welcomes me and Max in. I think she doesn't get much company and welcomes the visit. Max has a quick investigate and then plops down beside her wheel chair and looks soppy. They became best friends.

We are moving and we will miss some of the lovely friends we have made here.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2019, 08:14 PM
Yes Lynn, similar to cous cous but you have to rinse it before use that's a bit of a faff
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >