View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Lynn, there's no way on this earth I would get married and I doubt it would ever be to Steve even if I did. I would be on a murder charge within a week
Sal, I am pleased someone agrees with you, it's easy to do the nice thing and help but sometimes you need to let people try so they see they can manage.
Sue...I went into Poundland... massive queues every where
I feel a little better, went to the drs..they never did my antivirals.. nobody bothered to call and ask why I needed them, asked for my beautiful bs drugs and they refused to issue as I haven't had them for ages, again...no call, they wanted me to go for an appointment tonight, I just left in tears as I felt so bad
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Sal glad someone is coming to do an assessment.
griff I am sure you wouldn't murder anyone maybe a good slap here and there but not murder.
That is really bad what has happened to you earlier. Sending a hug. X

Door and windows done and they look lovely not so good parting with the money but they do look very nice.
Great couple of guys hoovered well before they left. We gave them a good supply of coffee, biscuits and chocolates.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2018, 06:50 PM
So glad you are pleased with your new windows lynn
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2018, 07:09 PM
Thanks griff. The men were saying they don't usually get drafted onto an all day job the day they finish for Christmas but they did today.
Felt a bit sorry for them as they didn't get an early finish like usual very cheery though and polite about it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
The men were saying they don't usually get drafted onto an all day job the day they finish for Christmas but they did today.
Felt a bit sorry for them as they didn't get an early finish like usual very cheery though and polite about it.

Hi Lynn, glad that you now have nice new windows so you'll be warm this winter.

You're too nice, they will still have the weekend and Monday to organise their personal stuff, seems like a reasonable amount of time to me

When I was in my twenties we worked Christmas Eve no matter what day it was (Unless it was a Saturday) and I once spent Christmas on my own in a shabby hotel in Tripoli 'cos all the other blokes in the team were married and used that as an excuse to go home

The guy who does work here when we need it is a real worker, every day including Saturday and Sunday if need be. He complains bitterly about his son who has a seperate business and is often short of money and never works weekends. Roy has to help him out but he never would have to if the son put in a few weekends from time to time.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2018, 09:50 PM
Harvey, same here... always worked Christmas Eve although the garage used to shut early.. about 1 or 2 then we would all venture to the pub, the first proper year I was employed I was 16 and I was being bought vodka and orange....I ended up in the ball pool with a few others and the manager of the pub wasn't happy lol. I was taken home by Stuart one of the parts lads who got me out of the taxi, took me to my front door, knocked and legged it back to the taxi but waited until my dad came and got me in the house... gawd, I was ill the next day! My mum was insisting I ate the Christmas dinner my nan had cooked especially for me ( veggie) but thankfully nan took pity on me! I have never touched vodka and orange again.
Dresses and shoes arrived....all fit me and I was surprised I still fit in a size 10
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Last working day for a while for many. Lots of people out and about on our walks, many of whom we chat to.

Being a fairly close knit community, most people know what's going on. Including the fact that we are moving. It gets discussed. The baker at the local store said to one of our friends that she hoped we would leave Max so that she could have him.....

Lump in throat - he just delights people.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-12-2018, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
nan took pity on me! I have never touched vodka and orange again.
Dresses and shoes arrived....all fit me and I was surprised I still fit in a size 10

Yes I guess we've all had one of those experiences

Glad the dresses and shoes arrived and fit you so well, so now you can go to the ball

We'll all be calling you Cindarella for a few days
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Going to have a Chinese takeaway tonight. We haven't had one for ages so fancied treating ourselves. Hope everyone is ok and nearly ready for the big day.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2