Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2018, 08:19 AM

Daily Thread, Friday,21 December, 2018

Hip hip Hooray we have made it to the shortest day! Good morning everyone, hope you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle. I wonder how Gordon and the Mem are coping with all the puppies?

Have a good day everyone stay warm and dry and above all things safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2018, 08:37 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Yayyyy shortest day. Looking forward to the Spring and lighter nights.

Waiting for the window fitters to arrive then walking Dillon and seeings as we are going to be shut out the back of the house most of the day will make our Christmas cake.
Late i know but I do have an excuse.
Friends cake has marzipan and icing did that last night.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today..
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2018, 08:41 AM
Morning Moyra and Lynn and all to follow. Well my shed is more wet than ever inside. So annoyed about the whole thing. Feel like setting a match to it, the only problem with that is it wouldn't burn, to wet. bg!! Ah well it is daylight at last so will go for a quick wander to a friends house and drop in details of where a safe place is to let her new rescue off lead. Have a good day all. ps. Real shame that we haven't heard from LG re the pups.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2018, 08:49 AM
Morning brenda maybe when it eventually dries out light the shed and sit round with a glass of wine and toast its demise.
Sounds like the wood hasn't been treated to the standards a shed needs to be treated.
Enjoy your catch up with your friend.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2018, 08:54 AM
Morning all
I am joining Chris in the poorly corner, I have woken up with the most awful sore throat and sore chest... it's my bloody mums fault!!
Brenda, when the shed dries out try yacht varnish and I would leave the most awful review!!
Morning Moyra...yep solstice, upwards from here!!
Lynn, hope the window fitters turn up promptly
Have to drag myself to town to get a couple of bits, then back to tidy up
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2018, 09:54 AM
Feel better soon Chris and griff. Try not to overdo it.

Window fitters here one window already out and new going in. Just the door and another window to go.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2018, 10:03 AM
Oooo, they are quick Lynn
Steve was trying to buy my Christmas present...I sent him the link to a ring I liked ages ago...he wouldn't buy it for me, he was getting wound up so I said leave it and go home, he has apparently now bought me a necklace... I tried to say I won't wear it..I have 2 gold curb necklaces that I don't wear...oh god
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Brenda, Griff and all who follow

Do hope that both you and Chris are better soon Griff.

Pleased the window fitters are with you Lynn you will be nice and snug for Christmas now and any weather the New Year throws at you.

Shame about your shed Brenda do hope you manage to find a way to get it waterproof.

Out early with Teazle, it was still dark! The eldest son and I did the shopping, him following me round with his nose in his phone and making a few suggestions when he remembered Still all done now bar the cooking and fiddling around with bits.

Hope all tow and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2018, 11:03 AM
Oh dear. Is he a commitment phobe ? Maybe he was worried you might see it as some sort of gesture, not saying you would but men can be like that.
Michael once bought a lovely girlfriend he had a ring from Tiffany's she saw it as an engagement ring he was thinking very differently so he bought one similar to the one she actually wanted with a very strict this is not any sign of commitment from me.
It is a shame when they buy something you already have some of and especially as you have said you wouldn't wear it.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2018, 01:30 PM
Afternoon all

Cloudy here and really windy.
I am the same can’t wait for spring, hate these dark days and nights.

Done my food shop, absolute chaos everywhere today, got everything I need now I think! Traffic was also horrendous. Need to bank some money tomorrow for rent and council tax payments and just pick up something else for O/H.
Sunday I want to clean right through the upstairs and Monday I am doing downstairs and mopping the floors, we have paw prints everywhere

Had adult social care on the phone yesterday and they are coming out to do a reassessment next Friday the 28th, it was a GP referral so has taken just over a week, so pretty quick, when I did the initial assessment it took 6 months. Had a chat with her on the phone and she sounds lovely and was actually on the same page as me, even though he struggles, he should still be doing things for himself and told me not to do if he can.

Kids are sorted with there hours at work all 3 working Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but all off Boxing Day so that will be nice.

Griff and Chris, hope you both feel better soon x

Lynn enjoy making the Christmas cake, I love Christmas cake but nobody else does so I never buy or make one.

Brenda what a nightmare with that shed, hope you can get it sorted.

No plans for the rest of today, other than trying to get the washing done, and football on tv later, looking forward to that.

Have a good day all
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >