Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2018, 03:13 PM
Good afternoon

Pleased you enjoyed the party last night Sal and you now have a contract of employment.

How nice to see the train Lynn and good that Dillon didn't react to it. Good to have a nice catch up with your old neighbours too.

Yes I agree Griff spoil yourself.

Out this morning to friend with conservatory problems. She had the installers back for about the fourth time regarding the leak and they said the gutter needed cleaning and was blocked. showed her a photo but having looked up there I didn't see any plants growing in it so doubt it was her gutter. The problem has only occurred since she had to have the glass roof replaced because the double glazing had blown. She is getting someone in after Christmas to advise her.

Was lovely this morning but have only just got back from my second walk and it is now raining.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2018, 03:21 PM
Lol... thanks Harvey,I can never have enough shoes!!
I assumed it was the actual wood of the shed letting the water in as Brenda said her husband was painting the shed despite it supposedly being treated...our riff on the shed is chucking water in, dad has that bitumen stuff to paint on it...but it's still sat there 6 weeks later.
Sue, I have come to the opinion now that businesses don't give a stuff about customer care and repeat business
Christmas day has got busier, another person on the list for Christmas dinner....mums friend who is likely to lose her husband...her and Steve live in opposite directions but it's Christmas and the nice thing to do... plus I did something baaaaaaad yesterday so need to make amends lol
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Evening all. Trust that all bipeds and canine quadrupeds are well this not very fine evening.

We had quite a full day. Early walk, then Max to the vet for a 09:30 appointment. Home and walked again followed by his visit to the groomer. Home and walked again. Shortly, my dear wife is off to the same vet again, this time with a neighbour and her poorly cat that hasn't peed in several days.
Not good.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Hubby has treated the shed today with proper paint so we will see. It isn't coming from the roof. So, I am just going to see what happens now. Have had the door of shed open all day while it was dry to air and dry it out.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2018, 05:34 PM
If that doesn't work Brenda, Screwfix sell yacht varnish pretty reasonable as I was going to paint my gate with it..intact, thank you, that's just reminded me it's to go on my to do list
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Sorry Sal meant to say congratulations on your contract of employment and good the residents enjoyed their party.

When I pulled up outside Paul and Beth's funny not opening the gates and driving down the drive, saw the new people in the old house have stuck a sky dish on the front.
We looked into sky but wouldn't have a dish on a 300 year old cottage plus its in a conservation area. Paul and Beth have one also but its on the side of the house so not in anyone's view.
Most people have aerials and dishes of some kind but you have to be a bit discreet in that part of the village.
Harvey are you feeling better ?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2018, 05:50 PM
Tomorrow is the shortest day, hoorah!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-12-2018, 06:27 PM
Yes woohoo Moyra. Would of been mum and dads anniversary. I think 70+ years.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-12-2018, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
It isn't coming from the roof.
Sorry Brenda I just kinda assumed it was the roof that was the problem. You can't put those rolls of rubberised stuff on the walls it would look weird and wouldn't stay up for long

Originally Posted by griff View Post
If that doesn't work Brenda, Screwfix sell yacht varnish
Have used it and agree it's good stuff just need a few dry days 'tho

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
saw the new people in the old house have stuck a sky dish on the front.
We looked into sky but wouldn't have a dish on a 300 year old cottage plus its in a conservation area.
Harvey are you feeling better ?
They might find some one informs the council and maybe they'll get a visit from the planning people.
Much better today thanks, have a headache now so think I'll have another early night.

Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Tomorrow is the shortest day, hoorah!
Hoorah from me too, was just wondering about which day this morning, thanks for mentioning it
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2018, 09:06 PM
Yes Harvey, it couldn't come soon enough. I hope you are feeling better and also Casey. Goodnight all.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >