Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2018, 08:10 AM

Thursdays Daily Natter 13th December 2018

Morning all. Goodness it is perishing cold out there so keep well wrapped up when you go out walking your lovely dogs. I walk but only with my thoughts. Sometimes works for me. Just hoping that my hubby doesn't get to cold painting the shed that is soaking up the rain from the outsides to the insides. This shed was new in August of this year and although I have spoken to the people I bought it from they say it is down to me to treat it again. Huh so much for customer service. Ah well must away and feed the birds. Hope this doesn't clash with Moyra. Not to worry it can be swapped over I expect. Yep I mentioned dogs in this post. Besoeker you can have your opinion but please don't offend us. This is a lifeline to some of us and you will possibly drive some of us away.Which is possibly why some haven't been on for awhile as they don't want so say anything that might offend you. Nuff said. bfn.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2018, 08:41 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow.

I too hope hubby is not frozen to the shed I agree bad customer service as I would have thought that the wood used should have been treated like they do wood for fences. We can only take it day by day and hopefully our grief eases. (Hugs)

Hope you are feeling better today Griff

Oh dear Lynn not doing the company a good service by being rude no need for it.

Longer day than expected yesterday but everything got done that needed to be done and then we were taken for a lovely meal. Unfortunately we were a bit rushed as the table was booked for another party who refused to sit at another table as they wanted the only round one in the room

Very windy this morning so bedding is out and blowing away. Just hope it gets dry - it should do.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe and warm
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2018, 08:44 AM
Morning brenda. I am wrapping up warm it is as you say perishing out there.
I have had many times after losing a dog firstly Max then Ollie walking with my thoughts instead and a tear rolls down the cheek to.
Hugs.

As for Beseoker he can take the thread in the spirit it is intended or not up to him but none of us should be driven away because he chooses to see it as something it isn't. His loss in my opinion and i am tired of pussy footing around now so will say it as it is if you don't like it don't visit or participate in it and keep your small minded opinions to yourself.
There said and done.
I have him on ignore wish I hadn't taken him off to look last night at his comments I was having enough problems with a rude and verbally aggressive delivery man at 7.30 on the phone and delivering at 8.30.
I am no shrinking violet but when on your own for the night it is a tad worrisome.

brenda when on the box to post do you see the go advanced box ? If so click on that then to attach files, then manage attachments and if the software on here is compatible with where your photos are it will ask you to choose a file click on the file then press upload and it should work.
All sounds complicated and it is the first few few goes after that it becomes easy.
It will only work though if your files and this software work together.

Fairly quiet day today might marzipan the 1st Christmas cake and waiting for a couple of deliveries.
Tomorrow might not get on till late we are off to Harlow to say goodbye to our friend/neighbour who died recently and from what I know in quite tragic circumstances alone in the car on his way to work.
He pulled over feeling unwell and when he hadn't contacted his wife during the day his sons went looking for him and not sure if they found him think they must of done he had died.
Very sad to think that's how such a happy full of life man ended his days.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2018, 08:45 AM
Morning Sue that's very annoying when you are having a nice time.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2018, 09:04 AM
Morning all

Cold and cloudy this morning.
I have a sore finger where I sliced it open on a saw on Tuesday evening trying to saw the bottom part of the christmas tree off so it would fit in the stand. The cut is in the wrong place right by where I bend my finger and I keep catching it.

Good day at work yesterday, staff meeting went well and confirmed Lizzie is covering her senior, while shes on maternity and I am covering Lizzie And have been given my start date

O/H saw GP yesterday and by the sounds of it run me into the ground, made me sound like I'm a nasty evil woman that is abandoning everyone, never explained why I wasn't claiming carers for him, because he lost his PIP daily care I can't claim for him, I wouldn't anyway because he would expect me to be at his constant beck and call. I need to go and see him (need to go anyway) and explain why etc. Gp is arranging for a reassessment by social services, so thats a positive.
But he didn't ask for a referral for his feet, or to have his blood pressure taken, so I need to ask GP to that when he sees him next time.

A day of catching up today, as nothing was done yesterday. I have a boat load of washing to be put away.

Have a good day all
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Sal put a plaster on and if you have one a cotton glove to be worn all the time you are using the hand. When not using hand remove glove but keep plaster on. Try not to get finger wet. I had this happen a week or so back when I cut my finger and it healed very quickly. Is this a big boat, in which case can we come sailing or is it a small one. Oh and are there pirates looking like Johnny Depp. bg!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2018, 09:13 AM
Lynn, what an awful thing to happen to your friend...I do hope tomorrow goes well
Brenda, that she'd should not be soaking up water, we got ours and didn't paint it for about 5 years and it was fine...I hope your husband doesn't freeze, if you had been near me, I would have loaned him my paint sprayer, you fly through painting things... it's not so great for putting fake tan on though!
Sue, not nice to be rushed through your meal....I wonder had they requested the round table at the time of booking..if not it should be first come first served
Managed to drag myself out of bed... eventually, I sooooooo didn't want to get up, but got out and put my neighbours bin out, it hasn't a lot in it but hopefully it will get emptied
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2018, 09:49 AM
Awwwww Sal I am sure the Dr understands that it is not you however much OH runs you down. I expect they see this everyday and know that is not the case.
Never nice though I know how you feel from when mum sometimes would accuse me of not caring when I was the one doing the most.
Take care of the finger and hope it heals soon.
griff hope you feel better later and I am sure the bin will get emptied and your neighbour will be grateful.

Well what can I say another lovely walk over the park today Dillon had a little run with a lab and met the owner and had a fuss. We also met again the little Beagle who is a bit nervous but getting braver with Dillon. She is always on a flexi lead and I learnt today she is a rescue from the Huntingdon science lab. She had never seen grass or sky and has a number in her ear never a name which I guess they don't do.
Now though she has a lovely life living with a lovely lady another dog and regular walks and gets to feel grass under her paws and to see the sky.
Also from Dillon lots of throwing himself down rolling then charging at me.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2018, 09:53 AM
Sal, I am sure the GP knows that's not the case and you are not evil and for what it's worth, I think you are doing the right thing with regards not claiming the benefit for caring for him... you need to have a little time to yourself and your job is going to be brilliant for you... your posts over the past couple of weeks sound so much brighter
Well, Dex cat has been on his kidney food for a little bit and so far so good...no ill effects as yet!! He is getting through 2 pouches of that some days and a pouch of chicken and pumpkin too, I *think* he might be putting a little bit of weight on
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2018, 09:56 AM
What Sue forgot to say is on the way home we managed just in time to get one of my camera lenses to the repairers. Same lens as last time but not the zoom ring has locked up. Just waiting for a phone call now to see if he fix is done under their warranty or not. better it happened now that in Japan.

As for the lunch yesterday can't say I was very impressed, to say the least. had to park the car on a muddy kerb off the road- the table booking had not allocated- told we only had 1 hour to have it in yet waited for 20 minutes for the meal to arrive on the table. To cap it all told the table was booked so didn't have time for a coffee.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >