Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2016, 07:46 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 31st December - New Year's Eve

Good morning everyone, nearly there.

Oh Griff so glad they removed the offending piece of bristle or whatever it was and now Deags can get on the road to recovery. Thank God she was covered by insurance.

June, sounds like you had a fair bit of sorting out in the garden last night hope you got it all done for the bin man today.

Well, I hope everyone is ready for tonight's celebrations. Radio is saying that more people than ever are staying home to celebrate. I know I shall be. Have a bottle of bubbly to pop the cork of.

Still quite dark here was hoping to see some improvement but it is not very nice out there anyway.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2016, 08:13 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you have a good evening with your bottle of bubbly.

So pleased they have found what was the problem with Deags and now hope she is well on the road to recovery. As you say thank good ness for insurance. Now Griff take care of yourself as we want to you to be well next year. Hugs

Hope you got everything in the bin June and you can stay away from the tip for a while.

Dull, damp andmisthy this morning but thankfully no frost though still cold when I went out to the bins. Nothing planned today, sister here so my ears will be chewed off with a repeat of everything she has done on her holidays and where she will be going next year - how the other half live

Have a good day and stay safe and warm
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2016, 09:10 AM
Good morning Moyra, Sue and everyone.
A dank and dark start to the day here but at least the fog has lifted.
Today is Pepsi's gotcha day Seven years .... and she will turn 17 on the 4th. Still a puppy in so many ways but quite deaf and with fast failing eyesight. It's heart breaking to see her age.
Well we are set for a busy day of housework and a quite night to see the new, in just the 2 of us.

Happy New Year everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2016, 09:16 AM
Morning all.

Quite mild here although damp; been out with Cassie and now both of us sitting/;ying on the sofa while I type this and drink my coffee.My sciatica is laying up maybe as people say the cold and damp. But not really bad.

Have to say I am staying in but not been out out for a good while mostly family and friends; I like that more.

Sue "stories of my sisters Christmas" could be the title of a book then a film.............who would play you and your sister??????????

Moyra does Steve stay in tonight too or off out and about?

Nippy you snuck in there 17 that is a nice age, have a lovely evening HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2016, 09:24 AM
Kazz, Steve usually goes to his club for the late evening. Rolls in about two. It is only a walk away but far enough for me to worry whether he ends up mugged or in a ditch. So I am always on tender hooks until he gets home.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2016, 09:27 AM
Eileen, hope the twins birthday party went well last night. God bless them both as I am sure their Gt. grandma would.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Morning everyone. Happy New Year.

Packing Joel's stuff up and he grabbing 1/2 hour fishing. We took Dillon out earlier than normal to get back and let him have a couple of hours but he was so soundo we decided to leave him and wake him around 10.30.
He got a bacon roll and a cuppa and has now gone outside while we get the house hoovered and us changed.
We will get him a Mcdonalds when we get to Harlow so he has had lunch as we cannot be sure he will get lunch when he gets what I call loosely home.
Mixed feelings about him returning nice t get our bed and room back and one less to wash for and feed. On the other hand would much prefer it if he had somewhere else to return to.
Mark will see him before Thursday when he returns to school to get his school stuff he needs and a haircut.

Happy gotcha day Pepsi.
Hope Deags is feeling better today griff and yourself.

Hope everyone is feeling well and all four legged friends are too.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Lynn, must be horrible to have to send him back there.
Nippy, wow.....17!!! Happy gotcha day Pepsi
Moyra enjoy the bubbly
Sue and Kazz, happy new year to you both
Deags has had her check up, I don't think the piece of metal is anything to do with the vomiting as it has been in there for a very very long time, her op was massive and the whole of her bowel was taken out and examined...eeeewwwww. She goes back on Tuesday for another check up
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2016, 01:11 PM
Happy New Year to you all my friends on Dogsey!

Might not have time to come back on here until 2017 so thought I would get in now to send good wishes to everyone for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

xx gnasher xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Wow, well done Pepsi and big pats on the back to you and Brian, Nippy. That is some age for a dog to reach, she is so lucky you found her isn't she.Hoping you get a while longer together still.
Just had a lovely long hot shower, washed my hair, had a bacon, cheese and tomato butty with a mug of tea. Girls had a bone each and now settled for the afternoon. Feels quite warm here today, well above freezing.
Hoping the bin men have been by now, not seen or heard them, but could easily have missed them. They never collected the recycling the other week, they were in the village, saw them, but for some reason they never made it to my part!!!
Lynn, you must feel torn in two with all this with Joel. You must hate seeing him go back to that place when he has been with you, is all clean and smelling nice, and then back to the reality of his life
Griff, could Deags have chewed a hairbrush or anything when she was little, perhaps. Really hoping this sickness has been sorted for you now. How are you in yourself, didn't sound wonderful from what you were saying
Happy New Year Nikki and everyone. Will be on later I'm sure, but just in case!!!
Thinking of Eileen, her family and the twins today, must be really horrid for her losing her mum the day before Christmas, not a nice memory at all
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »