Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2016, 07:27 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, January, 20

Good morning everyone, a real cold one this morning. I am frozen and that's indoors, dreading going out.

I hope you were warm enough last night Griff with your new blankie.

Harvey, hope your back is feeling better this morning.

June, I always have a laugh at the antics of your girls and their bedtime, they do lead you a dance sometimes.

Lynn, hope all is well with you now you have Dillon insured you can relax a bit.

Mandy, Jenny, Brenda, Norma, LG and anyone else I have forgotten have a good day, stay warm and dry everyone and above all safe and well. God bless all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2016, 07:53 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Yes it is cold Moyra taking ages for the heating to warm the house up today.
At least I have heating this year.
Feeling a lot less stressed about getting Dillon insured again. Should pop out later for some shopping if its too cold may leave it till tomorrow.
I meant to get up to see if I could see the space station. I woke up in plenty of time next thing I know its 6.40.
Mark has been along to the council he has to take some paperwork along and fill in a form then he will go on the register but how long he will have to be on the register is anyones guess. They have told him to go to the homeless centre in Wych Elm also in Harlow and they can also give him advice and help, he says he is probably better staying at his friends but he will pop along their for a chat and some ideas.
Another of his friends wants to rent a different property so they may get together and rent to ease the cost. So feeling a little less stressed about that too as he has started the ball rolling.

griff hope the blanket kept you warm.
Hope the girls stayed put for the night.
Hope everyone and all doglets are well tonight.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2016, 08:11 AM
Good Morning
Moyra, i was lovely and warm with my new blanket thank you...funny how something so simple makes a difference.Hope you've got a little of the frost we have to stop you from getting mud in your flat
Lynn, i am sure it is a huge relief getting the insurance sorted...i didn't have to jump through half the hoops you did and i was massively relieved when petplan said yes
It is very cold and frosty here, seems to send the dogs nuts Lol, they have to have a quick run around the garden lol. My neighbours put a not through my door last night to say thanks for finding their bin!! now there's a first
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2016, 08:20 AM
Glad they have acknowledged you did them a good deed griff.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2016, 09:17 AM
I was quite surprised Lynn, not like them at all!
mum has a promoting health at work meeting today, she needs the report the dr sent her...i can't find it anywhere, i have looked an looked but i can't find it anywhere, i am sure it;s not here
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Good morning

Hope you have now warmed up Moyra and stay warm today.

Now relax Lynn, Dillon is insured for most things now and hopefully will not need to claim for years. Hopefully Mark is able to sort something very quickly so he is more secure.

Poor Griff I expect your mum has put the letter somewhere safe (as we all do) and then promptly forgotten where, hope she has found it now. Just that little bit of extra weight on the bed always seems to make us warmer. Nice your neighbours thought to thank yo for finding their bin.

Very cold and frosty here. Teazle been walked and have stripped the bed and bedding in the wash now. Bread in bread maker and a load of paperwork shredded. Teazle has been out patrolling the boundaries of her territory and is now curled up in the warm. Too cold to do much today hopefully a bit warmer tomorrow and I can finish fraking leaves out of the shrubs.

Have a good day and stay safe and warm
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2016, 10:01 AM
We've not had any frost here, didn't go below freezing last night, although it was cold, this morning is dry and thank goodness for that. Will get girls out in a while. We've got a cold night predicted for tonight, then it gets warmer and the dreaded bluddy rain is back, hopefully not on a daily basis
Hoping LG hasn't fallen down a rabbit hole, he's AWOL yet again I think, Danger Curls could well have buried him underground as he stops her well meaning efforts to see off all creatures that live in burrows.
Like Sue says, Griff, it will be in a safe place, and you won't find it till you clear the entire room, and then it will appear just as you are about to shred a load of unwanted paperwork Can the doctor email a copy over to her maybe, I think work should have a copy of it anyway. Will be interesting to see what they have to say for themselves with regards to the way she has been treated.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2016, 10:08 AM
You have been busy already Sue not stressing anymore everything settling down again hopefully for a good long while now.
Good luck to mum today griff and hope you have found the letter. June's idea sounds good if the Dr can email one over to her.

Wet underfoot here today but still very cold.
June I saw the forecast for more rain by the weekend was trying to ignore it in the hope it might not appear.
I was also wondering about LG and hoping no more falls.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Morning Sue, you have been busy again!!!!! fancy shooting round my place, have some ironing you could do if you fancy it?
TW, hope the rain doesn't become regular, Lol i do hope danger curls hasn't done LG a mischief and i do hope he is behaving himself
Not sure where the heck she has put the report, i have looked in the living room, kitchen, their bedroom...no sign of it..mind i am not 100% certain what i am looking for, she is going to get on to hr to see if they will scan her a copy and email it to her, as for what they will say for themselves....well today is just to tell her she can't be sick for x amount of months..if she does go sick she will be put forward for possible dismissal which doesn't really matter, if she is sick, she is sick...she did put in for redundancy as we had no idea how long the report would take from the gp...now they have extended the window for applications for redundancy which means she won't get that as they will know that she is being put forward for early retirement on ill health.....they won't pay when they can get out of it by getting the pension people to pay, the ill health thing won't work out financially viable for her...i think she has been stitched up
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2016, 10:14 AM
Morning all,
Not feeling that well this morning, really tired and sniffly. Am off to take Rosie out in a mo. Lauryn was off it yesterday but is ok today. So hopefully that will be me too.
It is cold too so maybe will kill off some bugs.
Hope everyone has a good day, be back later
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >