Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2016, 07:02 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, January 13

Good morning everyone, Boy is it cold this morning and dark.

Good to see you Eileen and to know that your Mum and the Babies are going on ok.

LG, you were up late considering you should be resting more. I hope you get the new member of staff you need to ensure you rest more.

Griff, hope you are feeling a bit brighter today.

June, cleaning out your girls is a job and a half, lets hope for some drier weather which will make things easier for you.

Harvey what an interesting life you have had.

Brenda, hope you awake distressed this morning.
Nippy Jen and Norma and Lynn, hope you are all ok?

Have a good day everyone, take care, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2016, 07:27 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Not pulled curtains back or pulled up blinds yet let alone open doors here so have no idea what our weather is doing. Probably cold like yours Moyra. It is still dark here too.

Nanny Eileen lovely to see you pop in last night glad babies and Sarah are doing well. Also that Lacey is being good, thought she would be.
Hope mum copes with the lower dose now. Gill lost her hair she use to keep it really short for any treatments, she does have a wig but never got on with it so use to buy the head scarves for going out. There are some lovely ones not cheap though unfortunately.
June hope you get your day out after all.
We have a new name for Harvey now Klondyke Harvey. Or Klondyke Losos.
griff glad mum and dad arrived safely hoping today goes as well as it can.

Have to chase the garage up today to see if they have managed to get the switch for the window. Mazda are supposed to be easier to get parts for than Chrysler. I shall be mad if it turns out there not as I may as well of got another Chrysler which I love.

Hope everyone is feeling well today and doglets too.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2016, 09:19 AM
Good morning Moyra and Lynn. Yep slept well and the stress, well that will happen I am sure over the day. They do say that a little stress in ones life is good for you. Not sure why. Have a good day all and hope you are more rested LG. My daughters looking for a job so maybe you could take her on, mind you she wants very good money for whatever she does. lol!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2016, 09:31 AM
Morning all
gosh i am cold....again!!! Aldi have electric blankets on offer tomorrow, will have to see if i can get chance to go before or after the hospital
Lynn, hopefully they will have the parts for your car, often you find that with a lot of the japanese vehicles they use the same parts so something that is fitted on a mazda can equally fit a toyota so more availability, when i was working for a ford dealership we had a maverick in that needed a new exhaust..we couldn't get one off ford, it was on back order...quick call to toyota i think it was and it turns out one of their exhaust systems was suitable!!
Morning Moyra, lets hope the weather stays dry for you today
Hi Brenda, good to hear you slept well.... anything us lot can help with to help you sort the stress out??
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Good morning

Hope you manage to get and electric blanket Griff in the mean time turn the heating up - no one will know until the bill comes in

Its always the same Lynn we have to spend our time and money chasing for things to be done hopefully the part is in but they have just forgotten to phone.

Good morning Brenda and Moyra

Nice to see you are surviving being a granny Eileen and that Lacey is being very good. I always found my dogs were interested when the little one first came home and then just ignored them. Hope Sarah is healing well. Two weeks has soon gone.

Lovely and sunny here but cold. One load of washing done and tumbled and now the bedding is on the go

Have a good day and stay safe and warm.

Oh forgot to say pleased you are now feeling better Gordon but do as you are told and take it easier.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Everywhere sopping wet this morning, where is the dry cold weather eh Ah well just have to get on with it, I think I'll be making another shavings trip any day now, although it'll probably end up being Monday as I'm busy tomorrow and Friday, weekends its only open for a couple of hours and always mad busy. Checked out the 2nd heat lamp and thats fine, so will put that up in the smaller place after walks today, then if it does drop below freezing at nights they can have their heat on at teatime.
LG, you are so right, a bit of extra straw and a drop of the hard stuff will surely make the sleepless sleepy
Brenda, why are you stressed, I always think this time next year it will be forgotten, so why worry. Most times it worksHope Sara finds a new job soon.
Griff, am thinking of you today and everything's crossed for you here.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Thanks TW...funeral is at 11, would have gone but i have the dogs and cat and wednesday is chemo day and i wouldn't want to be running to the loo Lol, i had a couple of beers last night to toast both tess and bill and i just hope my mums brother and aunt and cousin don't turn up
I really hope you get some dry weather soon, the worst i have to contend with is mucky dogs after a walk...apparently according to f-b that alabamo rot has been found in warwickshire so i now have to start washing down the dogs legs after walkies...they are going to love that one Lol
Sue, you have been very very busy again...all i have done is fed the dogs, got the used cat trays sorted and fed the birds and hung up their new coconut feeder thing...which the squirrel will nick again Lol
Have put the heating on...i refuse to be cold...if he moans about the bill i will have to give him some money but will the guilt trip him Lol makes me laugh, moans about me putting it on and i sit here in layers, he gets up in a tshirt, gets cold and puts the heating on instead of a jumper
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2016, 10:10 AM
Morning Dogsey.
Sorry TW the cold, dry, clear weather is down here! Its a beautiful morning and it was all day yesterday too. I'm sure it will change!
Moyra I am later and later getting up and so it seems like it is almost light by the time I do
Lynn, I love my Mazda and have never had any problems getting things done, so good luck.
Morning Brenda, griff and Sue Hope you are all well and that the day goes well for you all.

I'm having a day at home and a bit of a rest, my arthritic knee is giving me gip, so it will be a day of Ibuleve gel and rest!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2016, 10:11 AM
Its dry here at the moment Griff, hoping there'll be a good turnout today for her. There's rain forecast here in the afternoon, changing to sleet later. Giving the girls another hour then we'll get out for a charge round.
Nippy there is no need to get up when its dark anymore, you can pull the quilt round you and feel sorry for all the poor devils that have to though
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2016, 10:45 AM
Mum just called and said at the moment there is no rain in Blackpool...would be lovely for the sun to shine on her funeral
Nippy, hope your knee feels better soon
i haven't even looked at our weather...i have to take deags to the vet later so will have to make sure i wrap her up warm...my dad can carry her though as i have no chance of lifting her with my arm
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >