Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
So good to read of all these different experiences and I am sure it helps others, like it helps me, to hear about the minutae of their daily life. It's when we have a few problems that we can get a bit bogged down in our own.

As for a 92 year old mum - well, what can I say? You've had her almost 20 yrs longer already than I had mine - that can't be a bad thing.
We lost Gordens mum when she was just turned 40 Gorden was 21. So my mum is doing well in that respect even if she does end up in hospital every 6-7 weeks. She has had a long life and although I will miss her I know life is very miserable for her she is very disabled now.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 05:02 PM
How sad for Gorden Lynn. My mum was only just about 17 yrs older than I am. I got a bit morbid at the time and in a sort of 'make the most of it you might only have another 17 yrs left' phase!

She died when she was 75. My dad died when he was just 73 - both died of lung cancer - mum a lifetime chain-smoker, dad a non smoker.

He wasn't a victim of her passive smoking - they'd been divorced since I was very young child.

My dad used to say 'we don't make old bones in this family'. He was right (his dad died when just 63 and his mum when just 59 and all but one or two of his 7 siblings are dead now too) - I am trying NOT to say that in case it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-05-2012, 05:48 PM
*hugs* to everyone who's down or not doing great at the mo.

I'm 'ok', and to be honest I don't think I'll ever be ecstatic with life - when there is so much wrong with the world - all the injustices, famine, poverty, imbalance, greed, hate, cruelty etc.

However, I will be happier when I'm in a better position to try to combat (some of) it - one day (Suppose I can dream! )
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Sorry to hear about those of you who are not doing so well hugs to those of you who need them!

Things here are going partly great and partly not

Found a lump a few weeks ago, had a biopsy last week and now waiting for the results. Really dreading them too! Doglet is also ill and waiting for an operation to remove a pin from her leg!

However, on the plus side I've cut my hours back at work to part time, I'm starting uni in 4 months and the OH and I are looking for a house together So it is quite balanced at the minute!
dragonfly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
Sorry to hear about those of you who are not doing so well hugs to those of you who need them!

Things here are going partly great and partly not

Found a lump a few weeks ago, had a biopsy last week and now waiting for the results. Really dreading them too! Doglet is also ill and waiting for an operation to remove a pin from her leg!

However, on the plus side I've cut my hours back at work to part time, I'm starting uni in 4 months and the OH and I are looking for a house together So it is quite balanced at the minute!
Crossing my fingers that your results come back -ve for anything nasty xx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 06:05 PM
My life changed forever 2 years ago when my son died. Now I go through the motions but I`ve lost interest in a lot of the things I did before.
I draw and paint a lot, and walk the dogs a lot. I`m far more solitary now. Things don`t seem that important, really.
I do a bit of voluntary work, and sell the occasional painting. And manage one day at a time.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 06:10 PM
If theres one thing that this thread has made me realise its how lucky I actually am.

Huge hugs to everyone that needs them. You are all amazingly strong xx
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
My life changed forever 2 years ago when my son died. Now I go through the motions but I`ve lost interest in a lot of the things I did before.
I draw and paint a lot, and walk the dogs a lot. I`m far more solitary now. Things don`t seem that important, really.
I do a bit of voluntary work, and sell the occasional painting. And manage one day at a time.
Sorry to hear of your loss ..
dragonfly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry!
xxx
You must be incredibly brave.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
Crossing my fingers that your results come back -ve for anything nasty xx
Thank you for the kind words!

I didn't realise you'd lost your son, I'm so sorry Nothing seems as important when you lose someone so special.
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »