Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Ok,
I was at the shops, again today. I hate food shopping.
This happens to me in every bl**dy shop I go in. You put your purchases on the belt like a good girl and you stand there with your handbag on the other end packing up as the check out girl swooshes them through.
Your halfway through packing things away and she needs paying doesn't she? Soooooo, you have half packed your stuff, your sweating like a pig, (menopause) then you go searching for your purse all the while packing away your stuff.
The nice checkout lady takes your money and while she is doing what she does you carry on packing and sweating. Soooo your handbag is open and your purse is back in there, of course, and your still packing and sweating, when she kindly hands you your change, reciept and any notes all together. Plonk in your hand, so you now have to do a sort of juggling act to get the coins in your purse, which is in the other hand, and the notes in the wallet side, while at the same time disengaging everything from the bl**dy reciept.

Nine times out of ten you end up with coins all over the conveyor and the nice checkout lady sits and smiles in that supercillous (sp)way that only check out ladies can do. AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGG
What's your beef, what gets your dander up

Elaine xxx
Lol! We had a similar thread a couple of years ago, which I think I put up,and do you know what, I said exactly the same thing as you have here, that receipt being given to you WITH the notes and the change, so you have to use BOTH hands to sort it all out, so why the blooming 'eck can't they just either throw it away or put it in one of your bags, or leave it for right up to the end!! Mind you, having said all of that, Tesco's have got it right now, whereby YOU take your own receipt out of the thingy machine, and if I've paid cash I don't even bother to do that bit!!!

Other things that nark me......

1. Driving along the road and you see somebody waiting to pull out, so you either put your foot down just in case he might be thinking of pulling out in front of you, but lo and behold, although he HAD all the time in the World to pull out BEFORE you did that, he waits until you're right on top of him almost, pulls out, and then crawls along in front of you at a snail's pace!!! Grrrrrr!

2. People in Argos who are at the counter and they don't happen to have in stock what they actually want, and they didn't bother to use one of the numerous machines they have in the store to check that it's in stock first, oh no, that's too simple isn't it, so they then hold the whole queue up whilst they ask the assistant if this one or that one in the catalogue is the same, and then they stand there choosing their alternative holding us all up!!! Grrrrr

3. Traffic jams!!! Nuff said! I'd rather go 5 miles out of my way as long as I can keep moving, than sit in a queue of traffic, especially that bl**dy school run!!! It can take me half an hour to travel just 2 miles from my village (once I get on the main road) just to get out of it, but when it's school holidays it takes only 2 MINUTES!!! Why is that then????GRrrrrrrrrrrr big Grrrrrrr there!!!!

Oh I could fill this whole thread up, and I've come to the conclusion that I don't like anything much anymore (menopause!! Grumpy old woman syndrome!!!) sooooo many things get up my nose now. I might even turn my day into night and night into day, at least that way I can go shopping in peace, get to where I want with the greatest of ease, and sleep all day so that I don't have to meet people!!! Afterall, the only people I seem to like at the moment are those on here!!!! Everyone else is starting to annoy me. I just wish I didn't live in the most jam packed crammed part of the Country down here in the South East, and now they want to build MORE houses, without even considering the current traffic problems, plus every other problem that goes with it! Grrrrrr

Thanks for this Elaine, I'm glad I got that lot off my chest! Lol!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
In answer to the original question:

Supermarket checkout "girls" that think it is ok to talk to their mate standing at the end of the belt, or "anuvva checkout girl in the next checkaht" rather than getting on with the job of scanning my shopping, as they are paid to do. I didn't buy my old man ice cream to have it melt while these lazy little oiks do as little as possible......

Another thing....... (oh dear, I can feel a rant coming on)

People who I pull into the kerb for so they can come past me when there are too many parked cars, who just sail past me like fr*gging lady muck without saying thank you.

Last year (hot weather, car windows open) some tart did just this - as she drew level I screamed at her "YOU'RE WELCOME" - she nearly sh*t a brick

...and another thing....... people who don't say thank you when you open a door for them, or let them go first through a door. I always shout "MY PLEASURE" after their rude ar*es......

I'm sure there's more - I really AM a grumpy old woman but I am an extremely polite one until "they" p*ss me off!

x0x
All of the above...grumpy old woman here too!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 07:18 PM
oh, and SOME women who can't drive their 4x4 tractors, they seem to think they own a tank don't they, they'd never dream of keeping to THEIR side of the road on a b road, oh just push me over won'tcha! Plus they seem to think they can just stop and pull over whenever they like, and I can never fathom that one out?

Same as Vicki, but also the staff behind those deli counters in supermarkets. For some strange reason, they think it's MORE important to sort out the counter, or cut up more meat, or dish up more chinese into those bowls, than it is to serve a customer who's been standing there for 5 minutes! MInd you, I didn't let it go for the whole 5 minutes, you know me, I stop them within 30 seconds if I can see it coming!!!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 07:26 PM
For me, it is more of a case of what DOESN'T annoy me, than what does. Yes, I am that kind of person.

To name a few things...

1. Stupidly slow old drivers. Get off the bloody road!!

2. London commuters parking down my road. I sometimes have to park at the end of my road, because the bloody commuters have all parked outside my house.

3. People who don't pick up their dogs mess. If you can't pick it up, you shouldn't own a dog!

4. Rude shop staff.

5. Grumpy old people. We have a witch living a few doors down who is always giving me evils.

6. Nosy neighbours. I swear we have some neighbours that are ALWAYS gawping out of their windows ever time I walk past.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 07:36 PM
I now do nearly all my shopping online - from christmas presents to hoovers. And the weekly shop is delivered by Tesco. Why? Have you been in Southend High Street lately? Squalid, filthy, and packed with very young women swearing at their small children.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol! We had a similar thread a couple of years ago, which I think I put up,and do you know what, I said exactly the same thing as you have here, that receipt being given to you WITH the notes and the change, so you have to use BOTH hands to sort it all out, so why the blooming 'eck can't they just either throw it away or put it in one of your bags, or leave it for right up to the end!! Mind you, having said all of that, Tesco's have got it right now, whereby YOU take your own receipt out of the thingy machine, and if I've paid cash I don't even bother to do that bit!!!

Other things that nark me......

1. Driving along the road and you see somebody waiting to pull out, so you either put your foot down just in case he might be thinking of pulling out in front of you, but lo and behold, although he HAD all the time in the World to pull out BEFORE you did that, he waits until you're right on top of him almost, pulls out, and then crawls along in front of you at a snail's pace!!! Grrrrrr!

2. People in Argos who are at the counter and they don't happen to have in stock what they actually want, and they didn't bother to use one of the numerous machines they have in the store to check that it's in stock first, oh no, that's too simple isn't it, so they then hold the whole queue up whilst they ask the assistant if this one or that one in the catalogue is the same, and then they stand there choosing their alternative holding us all up!!! Grrrrr

3. Traffic jams!!! Nuff said! I'd rather go 5 miles out of my way as long as I can keep moving, than sit in a queue of traffic, especially that bl**dy school run!!! It can take me half an hour to travel just 2 miles from my village (once I get on the main road) just to get out of it, but when it's school holidays it takes only 2 MINUTES!!! Why is that then????GRrrrrrrrrrrr big Grrrrrrr there!!!!

Oh I could fill this whole thread up, and I've come to the conclusion that I don't like anything much anymore (menopause!! Grumpy old woman syndrome!!!) sooooo many things get up my nose now. I might even turn my day into night and night into day, at least that way I can go shopping in peace, get to where I want with the greatest of ease, and sleep all day so that I don't have to meet people!!! Afterall, the only people I seem to like at the moment are those on here!!!! Everyone else is starting to annoy me. I just wish I didn't live in the most jam packed crammed part of the Country down here in the South East, and now they want to build MORE houses, without even considering the current traffic problems, plus every other problem that goes with it! Grrrrrr

Thanks for this Elaine, I'm glad I got that lot off my chest! Lol!

Oh Jesus H, now that got your stress levels down a tad didn't it!!!!
See it's therapy
Elaine xxxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
oh, and SOME women who can't drive their 4x4 tractors, they seem to think they own a tank don't they, they'd never dream of keeping to THEIR side of the road on a b road, oh just push me over won'tcha! Plus they seem to think they can just stop and pull over whenever they like, and I can never fathom that one out?

Same as Vicki, but also the staff behind those deli counters in supermarkets. For some strange reason, they think it's MORE important to sort out the counter, or cut up more meat, or dish up more chinese into those bowls, than it is to serve a customer who's been standing there for 5 minutes! MInd you, I didn't let it go for the whole 5 minutes, you know me, I stop them within 30 seconds if I can see it coming!!!

Oh God, stop it I will be wetting my knickers in ten seconds flat

Elaine xxx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Ooo, people who cough or sneeze right by you and don't bother to even put their hands over their mouth or nose in an attempt to catch it

Women/families in supermarkets who think it's so sweet to let their little darlings run riot along the isles and you have to continually do emergency stops with the trollies so you don't run the little bu**ers over

Dirty old men who talk to my clevage rather than at me
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=wufflehoond;1666741]

True.
Elaine xx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 07:56 PM
In answer to the original question:

Supermarket checkout "girls" that think it is ok to talk to their mate standing at the end of the belt, or "anuvva checkout girl in the next checkaht" rather than getting on with the job of scanning my shopping, as they are paid to do. I didn't buy my old man ice cream to have it melt while these lazy little oiks do as little as possible......

Another thing....... (oh dear, I can feel a rant coming on)

People who I pull into the kerb for so they can come past me when there are too many parked cars, who just sail past me like fr*gging lady muck without saying thank you.

Last year (hot weather, car windows open) some tart did just this - as she drew level I screamed at her "YOU'RE WELCOME" - she nearly sh*t a brick

...and another thing....... people who don't say thank you when you open a door for them, or let them go first through a door. I always shout "MY PLEASURE" after their rude ar*es......

I'm sure there's more - I really AM a grumpy old woman but I am an extremely polite one until "they" p*ss me off!

x0x
Love the accent
Elainexx
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »