Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 12:34 PM

Things that get on your wick!!!!

Ok,
I was at the shops, again today. I hate food shopping.
This happens to me in every bl**dy shop I go in. You put your purchases on the belt like a good girl and you stand there with your handbag on the other end packing up as the check out girl swooshes them through.
Your halfway through packing things away and she needs paying doesn't she? Soooooo, you have half packed your stuff, your sweating like a pig, (menopause) then you go searching for your purse all the while packing away your stuff.
The nice checkout lady takes your money and while she is doing what she does you carry on packing and sweating. Soooo your handbag is open and your purse is back in there, of course, and your still packing and sweating, when she kindly hands you your change, reciept and any notes all together. Plonk in your hand, so you now have to do a sort of juggling act to get the coins in your purse, which is in the other hand, and the notes in the wallet side, while at the same time disengaging everything from the bl**dy reciept.

Nine times out of ten you end up with coins all over the conveyor and the nice checkout lady sits and smiles in that supercillous (sp)way that only check out ladies can do. AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGG
What's your beef, what gets your dander up

Elaine xxx
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 12:47 PM
know just how you feel

hubby makes them wait

he does all the packing when we go shopping (cos he says i dont do it right)

and if they rush the stuff though and then ask for payment he just carries on packing the bags
i go and walk away

and he always says if they wanna be smart so can i
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Most of the benefit sponging chavs round our way really get on my wick. Especially when I get home from work in the evening or at lunch and they're unloading their latest expensive purchase out the car that my taxes are paying for.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Supermarket cashiers I just tell to slow down, I didn't take forever selecting my fruit, biscuits etc. to have them destroyed at the check out. If they continue at lightening speed, I simply stop packing completely and say slow down or I'm leaving without it and you can put it all back.
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2009, 01:27 PM
I hate supermarkets from the moment i try and squeeze my dog taxi into the tiny little spaces to the moment the person behind you in the que rams the back of your legs with their trolley! I get trolley rage so bad i have all my shopping delivered now.
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2009, 01:35 PM
I hate the checkouts, now that our tesco has those "magic" ones I use them (self service ones)
I hate parents letting there snotty nosed screaming toddlers run up and down the shop bashing into peoples trolleys and legs, its a shop not a playground control your child!
I try not to get annoyed at the kids from a few doors down playing out in the courtyard parking area with their bikes/balls etc when there is a ruddy great big field right in front of that, although I did have to go out and say something the other day when the little $hits put a dead duck chick on my path!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 03:30 PM
haha my mum works for a supermarket - i'll make sure she knows your issue and make sure she dosent do it

my issue and it really is pathetic......

this couple a tthe end of our road.... has this car (Feeling worked up already....) (old guy - 70 odd)

he is always messing about with his car... taking it apart - cleaning it etc... theres nothing wrong with it....just takes it apart for the he11 of it.....

really really really bugs me.....

*please note* i do not speak to this guy, he does not get in my way or annoy me..... he just really bugs me lmao!!!
rant over...
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
haha my mum works for a supermarket - i'll make sure she knows your issue and make sure she dosent do it

my issue and it really is pathetic......

this couple a tthe end of our road.... has this car (Feeling worked up already....) (old guy - 70 odd)

he is always messing about with his car... taking it apart - cleaning it etc... theres nothing wrong with it....just takes it apart for the he11 of it.....

really really really bugs me.....

*please note* i do not speak to this guy, he does not get in my way or annoy me..... he just really bugs me lmao!!!
rant over...
Awww, that's not so bad is it? He's proud of it and enjoys tinkering with his motor car.

I get annoyed by people who have no spacial awareness!! I was in the que in the pub the other day and this woman was chatting really, really loud to her friends whilst que'ing up behind me. Everytime I moved forward an inch, she moved forward two, at times she was bumping me, or even touching me and I was getting so cross. Neil gave me the ''don't you dare say anything'' look, but had he not I would easily have turned around and said ''lady, 1) you are very rude and keep bumping me without apologising, 2) you are so close to me in the que you are literally touching me and I do not like it, 3) if the whole pub wanted to hear your voice I'm sure we would let you know, but until then, please turn it down a notch or two!!''

Perhaps a good job hubby was with me that day ;o)
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 04:20 PM
I know what you mean Pidge, I hate people touching me unnecessarily, without even realising it but I think the thing that annoys me most is the kids in our street... they're outside all day every day in the summer screaming and dropping litter everywhere and climbing on people's cars, running through gardens, squashing plants etc etc its always right outside our house too, cause the baboon that lives next door encourages them
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Awww, that's not so bad is it? He's proud of it and enjoys tinkering with his motor car.

I get annoyed by people who have no spacial awareness!! I was in the que in the pub the other day and this woman was chatting really, really loud to her friends whilst que'ing up behind me. Everytime I moved forward an inch, she moved forward two, at times she was bumping me, or even touching me and I was getting so cross. Neil gave me the ''don't you dare say anything'' look, but had he not I would easily have turned around and said ''lady, 1) you are very rude and keep bumping me without apologising, 2) you are so close to me in the que you are literally touching me and I do not like it, 3) if the whole pub wanted to hear your voice I'm sure we would let you know, but until then, please turn it down a notch or two!!''

Perhaps a good job hubby was with me that day ;o)

lmao ano - just been out and guess what? hes at it again...

that does my nut int when people get soooooooo close in a queue......

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »