View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2019, 04:04 PM
Could be I have heard not to good things about statins.
Problem is most medications carry adverse reactions so if you need them not sure what you do.
Lets hope this time somebody does something and sorts it for him.
Fingers crossed its nothing serious.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Statins are a life saver for many, but there can be some nasty side effects.

When you've got doctors telling you that your cholesterol is so high you're a ticking time bomb waiting to go off, then most opt for the statins which do tend to do what they say on the tin - it's just the small print that's the problem
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2019, 05:51 PM
Oh yes chris do agree they are a life saver for some but like with Prednisone which was a life saver for mum so many medications come with adverse effects.
So damned if you and damned if you don't.
I have heard from some people I know who take them about mood swings. Gill said Peter changed dramatically with his mood when he went on them.
He decided to come off and do a diet for his cholesterol but admittedly he was on the low side so doing it that way was not detrimental for him.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Dad's family suffer from the high bad cholesterol... changing diet won't alter it at all it's hereditary...they also suffer from heart block so he needs them, try telling him that!! After my Tia's the Dr put me on statins and aspirin, I swear...it was the best I felt in years!!
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Evening awl.
Hope you are all well.

Quiet day here too. A neighbour down the way was really under the weather. Flu we think. Mrs B made soup for her so save her from having to cook.It was appreciated. I had some of what was left. Excellent it was.

Been clear and bitterly cold here but we walked anyway. Quite a bit.

The clear sky with the sun on our tree.

Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2019, 12:21 AM
It always 'feels' better when the sun shines no matter how cold it is .

The dullness that dogs winter is what I hate most about it so unexpected days of sunshine are a bonus worth grabbing
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2