Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2019, 08:20 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 03 January 2019

Good morning everyone. I trust you and your four legged companions are all fit and well.

Have a good day wrap up warm and dry and keep safe and well. God Bless you all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2019, 08:43 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Bright dry and cold here today.
Gorden not long left for the station in work today and tomorrow. We are waiting in for a delivery from zooplus and I have an Iceland shop coming coming at lunchtime.
Might not get a walk till later today. If we get one but Dillon missing one won't hurt he had an extra long one yesterday.

Moyra hope the finger is healing well. Hope yours isn't as painful brenda.
griff hope you are feeling well chemo day yesterday wasn't it ? Plus hoping all poorly tummies are better.
Eileen hope the meet and greet with rowan and the twins went well yesterday.

We have booked a chimney sweep for next Thursday to come and take a look at the fireplace and give us advice and he knows people he would recommend to fit a small multi fuel burner and line the chimney if needed which I am sure it will.
Moyra yes when the chimney is opened up properly and the fireplace there will be room for a small burner they make some especially for smaller fireplaces.
Upwell was an exception to the rule being so big once having been a massive merchants house we think and our fireplace there was the centre of the cottages. That would of heated upstairs and down when used as an open fire very unlikely to find anything that big unless about 300 years old and belonging once to someone who had money.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Well Lynn, you are certainly getting things round the way you want them. It is nice to know it is your forever home.

My finger has skinned just as a burn would. It will soon heal now. The Flucloxacillin is doing the work.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2019, 09:39 AM
Good morning all.

OH not well this morning so I am taking Gary to town later for some dinner and then back to walk Rosie round the village.

We ping pong these damned chest infections all winter. Roll on spring when we both get some relief.

I have an account for Gary as well as our own, Moyra. Last time they sent through a new card, I cut up the wrong one and had the rigmarole of ringing up and telling them what a plonker I am. I blamed it on senior moments and after a few laughs they sent out a new card. Only took about 3 days so my gaff didn't cause too much hassle - apart from the grief other half gave me
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2019, 09:59 AM
Hope OH feels better soon Chris and enjoy your morning out with your son and walk with Rosie later.

Maybe if they included a short note about why you were receiving the new card if it hasn't expired it would help a lot.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2019, 10:05 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Christ and all who follow

Pleased finger is now healing Moyra

Hopefully you can get a wood burner Lynn then you will be nice and cosy. Hope deliveries arrive on time and Dillon can get a walk

Sorry OH has now got the chest infection Chris hope he is better soon,

Cute pup Eillen and fun times ahead

Hope Mrs Losos' op goes well and she has a speedy recovery.

Sister went home yesterday so our ears are now having a rest She talked from the time she got up until we went to bed and it was very difficult to get a word in. Birthday present now received with yet another hiccup as the one my son picked up on the 1st was the wrong one so had to take it back yesterday but fortunately they had the right one in stock. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the one we ordered originally and then cancelled as they could not tell us a delivery date!

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2019, 10:18 AM
Sue glad you got your present in the end. Still no parcels for Madrid posted on 17th December. Bit annoyed if I had known would have had them tracked.
Michael says the 3-5 days delivery is nonsense am hoping they arrive with them soon not cheap sending 4 smallish parcels £40 + .
We got a short walk he only wanted to go into the park have a sniff scuff some grass then come home which was fine by me as we are now back and here for delivery. Also have one tomorrow but was able to leave in a safe place option another good thing about the bungalow.

Moyra yes getting it to how we want quite quickly this time as we do not have major issues like rats and broken boilers and pesky macerators taking up our time and money.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2019, 11:20 AM
Morning all.

Happy day to you all.

My sister is annoyed she brought Mom a quilt set for Christmas however on unwrapping it today to rinse through no pillow cases only cover it says on pack but she said she asked in shop they said included not sure where she will go from here but to be honest its not a problem but sister annoyed (not in a nasty way) one time I would have got involved but had promised myself to intervene in anything that is not important.

Had to cover the mirrors on wardrobe doors in Moms bedroom as she keeps thinking people are in there. Its when you walk past your reflection bounces off the dressing table mirror which has also been removed. Had a good night last night. Learning curves.

Awaiting a few deliveries however all could be pushed through letter box.

Rejigged the living room ready for the two armchairs on Saturday. Got to reserve my rug from Dunelm.

Hope Mrs Losos operation goes well, and recovery is as smooth as it can be.

Chris These chest infections are a nightmare in families hope yours pingpongs somewhere else.

Sue Has your sister always been the same a chatter or is it because she lives alone and catches up when she can?

I see on the news they are considering trying to deploy the navy to stop people crossing the channel.

Have a good day all I intend too.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2019, 11:37 AM
Morning all
Moyra, pleased the finger is healing
Lynn, nice to do jobs you want to do instead of jobs you are forced into doing
Chris... hope both you and your oh are both soon better
Sue... pleased you finally have your case and some peace lol
Kazz, not good about the quilt set missing the pillow cases
I did take my chemo yesterday and I was o.k with it... just pains in my tummy in the evening. I am going to try and have a walk in a bit, I want to try and tone up a little bit
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2019, 01:20 PM
Nobody picked me up on it but I had a brainstorm and put December instead of January in today's heading. The time goes by so quickly that I overlooked it. I have asked for a supervisor to change it for us. We are missing June for that help!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >