View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2009, 05:51 PM
I would avoid E & L (I think they've changed their name now). I work at a vets and E & L are awful and will do anything they can to get out of paying, we have so many problems with them. Most vets across the country will tell you the same and some refuse to deal with them at all. It is only E & L that has this reputation.

As a general rule with insurance go for the best policy you can afford as the more expensive policies tend to offer better cover and be more reliable payers. I would strongly recommend you look for a policy that will cover each condition year after year rather than paying for 12 months or up to a certain amount as many conditions are ongoing.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2009, 06:04 PM
I have also heard nothing but bad reports for E&L.

I am with Tesco and have to say just had excellent service with a claim.. they paid out within a week of me putting the claim in.
wildheart
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2009, 06:29 PM
READ THE SMALL PRINT with regards to dogs over 8 years old, i was with them for years, they did pay up eventually but they restrict payment for dogs over 8 years old...........ours are no longer insured just put the money away each month
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2