Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2007, 10:01 AM

Happy Birthday T!

Takara's 2 today

She's not opened her present yet because I've only just wrapped it up and I'm waiting for her grandma to get here

We've been for a walk this morning- just the two of us (no Eddy), because we're doing separate walks at the moment due to a lack of focus I've described in other posts!

She was fab! A dog that she knows came onto the field and she had a really good romp with him and kept coming back by choice as if to say 'look mum! I'm here!' and her recall was back (phew).

We had a lovely time and she's currently curled up asleep until we go out to meet her friends for her party. Bad mummy hasn't baked a cake and the woman I was borrowing a paddling pool from has let me down last minute so I'm going to try and fix the hose pipe so we can play with that instead!

We're having apple lollies (thanks for recipe deefer) for the dogs instead but I'm keeping food to a minimum anyway because of Takara's bad attitude!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Happy Birthday to Takara

Sounds like she is going to have a great day!
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Happy Birhday!!!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Happy Birthday Takara, hope you have a grrreat day

Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

07-07-2007, 10:59 AM

Takara

To You

Hope you have a lovely day - enjoy
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Takara's party guests have just gone home and we had a lovely day

To be perfectly honest I wondered how she'd cope with Jenny (her samoyed friend - the only dog who attended!) coming onto her territory but she didn't seem to bother - we agreed no dogs in the house (apart from Eddy who sits out of the sun) because it was more likely Takara would snap if they came in.
However, Takara did come in with me and Jenny kept coming in too and T didn't bother at all.

We did have a few little scuffles (started by Takara) over food but nothing serious and I expected that and was prepared for it when it happened.
No food was actually served to the dogs but Takara got defensive when Jenny came begging for my food.

We discovered (through me getting very wet) that the hosepipe was leaking so games with the hose were out, but we did have a sausage race!
For those that don't know, the sausage race consists of sausages being lined up in the course order, and the dogs have to run through and eat sausage in order before carrying onto the next sausage.

We did it separately and timed it to try and prevent chaos ensuing in my little garden! There were 4 sausages in a zig zag pattern...
Takara won with a time of 7 seconds!
Then Eddy with a time of 13 seconds,
Then Jenny the samoyed with a time of 23 seconds! Bless her!

We had a lovely day and I was very impressed with Takara (apart from when she ran over to a picnic in the park), I feel a lot more confident about treating her aggression issues around food and territory now.

Oh - T got a pressie too! (well it was more for me, but my friend brought a framed photograph of both my spotties for me )
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Happy Birthday
Takara

glad you had a good party sounds like you all had fun
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

07-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Happy 2nd Birthdsy Takara