Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2020, 07:35 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 3rd July, 2020

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok. Have a good day, stay safe and well your four legged friends too. God bless.

Kelly, how's is your mum now?

Chris, glad you got Gary settled in.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2020, 07:53 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Overcast then sunny and very breezy here today.
We decided to pop Dillon in the car and drive him to the park up the road, not so long ago he could walk it but now we are not sure he would manage. If he got there he would be worn out and not enjoy it and then we would have to get him home.
It isn't that far maybe 1/2 mile bit more but his walks are getting shorter and shorter. Well he loved it we only had 10 mins but he rolled and had a few little canters then rested and watched and met two dogs. Got up and headed back for the car.
It is literally a 5 minute drive, we have another lovely big park in town, we will be taking him there to and when the washing line is done take him to Brancaster and the beach on a cool day and not the weekends when everybody will be out.
I think now we need to start making memories with him not that we don't already have memories but we need to make some more. He is slowing down so much and sleeping a lot.
More washing line hole digging for Gorden today.

Chris hope everything is now sorted or nearly sorted for Gary and that you and OH can begin to relax now knowing he is in safe hands if he needs help at any time.
griff hope mum is improving and you are holding up.
Sue hope you get a restful day today.
brenda is it viewings today ? Good luck if it is.
Kazz hope you and Gert are managing some nice walks again now the weather has cooled down. Dillon is certainly happier with the cooler weather.
Moyra hoping the fish tanks and rubbish that goes with them has been cleared.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2020, 08:25 AM
Not today Lynn. Yesterday. Not sure. Hope Dillon will be alright. Take care.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2020, 08:28 AM
Good Morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

It is so sad when we see our four legged friends slowing up. Just take your que from him and let him do what he wants he knows his limits. Hugs, been there too many times

Hope everything is now sorted Chris and Gary is happy with it.

Nothing planned today other than housework. Have made a trifle for tomorrow and also a cottage pie as picking eldest son up who is staying the week tomorrow so already to cook through when I get home so Ben can have a meal before leaving for work tomorrow night.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2020, 09:59 AM
No feedback yet brenda ? I know the one the other day had no interest hoping you get some positive feedback on these viewings.
We have never encountered an elderly dog before due to losing our previous two by 4.5 years old.
Lovely to have an elderly dog not so good seeing them slow down.

Michael sent a picture via whatsapp of Charlie their Dachshund he has grown so much and they can take him out on the leash tomorrow. He is a lovely looking little puppy.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2020, 10:23 AM
Lynn, I am having the same problems with Amber she was 9 in May, just plods now I am back to walking her morning and late afternoon again but she still has the run of the garden if she wants it. Steve suggested I take her in the car somewhere but the difficulty is getting my walker in the front seat so she has the whole of the back seat to herself. I can't get about without the walker.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2020, 10:33 AM
That must be awkward Moyra. Gosh is Amber 9 always thought she was younger than Dillon. Not much difference in their ages then.
Dillon was 8yrs.8 months on the 2nd of this month. In fact yesterday I have just realised.
We have the luxury of the Chrysler voyager for Dillon so plenty of room. It's getting them in and out safely to though isn't it ? If you have a walker to contend with also it would make life difficult.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2020, 11:39 AM
Good afternoon all.

It's so sad to watch them struggle Lynn/Moyra. The years fly by and, unfortunately, they don't stay with us very long in the scheme of things. The worst is watching them try to do the things they've always done and simply not manage it

Brenda, I hope the feedback is positive and a buyer is in the offing. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Dave has just installed the DVD at Gary's and after a bit of faffing he says it's all working now. Just the camera man tonight and making up the bed with new bedding tomorrow and hopefully it's all his after that (with a bit of help from his mum and dad when needed).

Rosie was sick on my bed this morning so just got all the beds remade and washing on as I speak. My stupidity caused it. She's highly allergic to chicken and we tried some chicken meatballs last night. Although we made up some gravy to go over them, there was still some juice mixed in and we stupidly let her have some of the gravy. We won't be making that mistake again. Didn't even particularly like the meatballs.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2020, 11:57 AM
Full steam ahead Chris. Oh dear a nightmare when they are sick especially when it's your bed.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2020, 12:49 PM
Good afternoon all.

Not been around simply busy, sorry for the absence or short posts.

Good news the parts for the machine have come so putting them on this afternoon.
Catch up with you all later.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >