Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2020, 01:12 PM
The flat sounds lovely Kazz.
Raspberries sound delicious Harvey.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2020, 02:05 PM
Thanks, there was another accident today...so had to clean all that up. She has refused to have anything but finally got her to have a slice of toast and a coffee... apparently I can't even make a cup of coffee right...I need lockdown to be over so I can get out.
I have bought a riser cushion for the sofa....she told me she doesn't need it but she couldn't get off the sofa, dad couldn't pull her up...he is back to work tomorrow so I won't be able to manage, dad says he is having a word with the nurse tomorrow
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2020, 02:10 PM
I will accept help if needed, when I was really poorly, my dad carried me down the stairs... there's a difference between being bloody stupid and self sufficient
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2020, 02:23 PM
When Gill was very ill a few months before the end and I am in no way saying your mum is at that point griff but just saying when people feel so ill some cannot accept that especially if they have been fiercely independent.
Gill was a nightmare for accepting help in any way shape or form until she had to accept it because then and only then when she had decided she needed it would be accepted.
It is so difficult I know. Been there done that got the tee shirt twice through my life firstly mum then Gill, difference with Gill I use to try to back Peter up but boy did we get it in the neck if we tried.

When Gill had her first round of chemo and was so ill like your mum wouldn't couldn't eat drank very little Peter called the Dr, mum and I went round for back up as he phoned us saying he was going to do it but he knew how cross she would be. Dr turned up sat with her told us no real need to worry and gave us some ideas what we could do but at the end of the day she had to make her own mind up.
Mum and I were in big trouble and so was Peter and he had to live with it we could go home. We were very careful in the future how we handled things. Your mum like Gill isn't accepting how unwell she is.

Bit miffed found a delivery slot for Tesco booked it rang Michael and Margaret and he is now an authority on use by dates home delivery and that are not as good as going to the shop to buy and check. so I am off to the supermarket tomorrow after all then dropping shopping off.
I have shopped online for many years except for the odd weekend top up and never had an issue with dates as far as I know they have never done an online shop or so they say due to they are paranoid about someone cloning their cards. Now biggest authority on something they have never tried.
I have been dropping subtle hints that I hate supermarket shopping but during the pandemic not being elderly or vulnerable had no choice but to go out in it. Also mentioned would be glad when delivery slots were more available so I could get back to that way of shopping.
Maybe tomorrow they will offer to start doing their own shopping, I know Michael pops into Tesco sometimes or Morrisons he has let that drop at times
and they go to the garden centre for a break out drive to the butcher, pop into Boots for Margaret's bits both of them and Margaret has been to the osteopath today so maybe they need to start their own shopping again. I have been doing it for just over 3 months now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2020, 05:29 PM
Well, I can't make a cup of coffee properly, she didn't want dinner but asked if we had any ice cream left...dad went and got her one!! I just said to him what the hell are you doing? She could have had something proper if she could eat that! He just shrugged, this is not a new thing, she never eats a proper meal, just eats crap....I am seriously barked, it's me cleaning up mess, my dad went to the downstairs loo and said nothing, I went in and there was mess everywhere so for the third time in about 4 days I have been on my hands and knees scrubbing the toilet floor and everywhere else required. I have made dinner, washed up and he has sloped off upstairs. I am pleased to announce that after the second day of trying I have managed a shower and dyed my hair so much happier now! I have bought her a riser cushion for the sofa to see if that helps to get her to stand up.... it's just on the floor, she hasn't attempted to sit on it. Steve said funny isn't it, you are there doing all you can and golden child ( my brother) calls and it's absolutely amazing... hope she gets back on her feet sharpish as I am no carer lol
Hmmm Lynn, I have been ordering off Tesco and I must admit, quite a few things have been very short dates. I had 2 packs of mince delivered..this was a Saturday, one was use by the Sunday and the other the Monday. The salad too has been a bit hit and miss. It's very good of you to go to the shops for them, I bet they really appreciate it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2020, 05:52 PM
Awwww griff. I hope mum sorts herself out soon for the sake of your sanity.
Calmed down a bit now regards the shopping, I will make light of it tomorrow he couldn't stand to long he has arthritis in his hips and needs injections every 6 months. Plus like me he cannot be to long away form a loo for needing a pee.
I will say to him I wouldn't want him peeing his pants now he's big boy. That went through my head and I can hear Gill's laugh because we would be talking about all this over the phone. Miss her so much.
I will do my shopping online if I can begin now to get delivery dates and that only leaves their shopping to get, so hard
when shopping for two or three more people.
Either way I would have to drop it over.

Edited to add my brothers especially Michael the eldest always the golden boy/s and did very little but always waded in with their opinion and what I should be doing and not doing.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-06-2020, 06:20 PM
Griff - Agree with all that folks have said, can't be easy for you, just get out (upstairs) if things not going well, and you should be able to leave the house soon as it looks like 'lockdown' being considerably relaxed from this week.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2020, 07:03 PM
Good evening all.

Hectic and frustrating day again today. Gary is moving on Wednesday. The removal firm are charge £795 which is daylight robbery, but at least it will get done.

Every 3 steps forward though seems like we take 2 steps back. You just think you've sorted something, then it all changes and yet more sorting to do.

Kelly, if mum wants ice cream, encourage her to have it. It might kick start her appetite. Get her involved. If she says your coffee is bad, take it to her and ask her to show you what to do. It's how I have to work Gary to eat and also to build up his self esteem. It might just work with your mum too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2020, 08:35 PM
Lot of money Chris but worth it in the long run.
Happy moving day Wednesday.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2020, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I will accept help if needed, when I was really poorly, my dad carried me down the stairs... there's a difference between being bloody stupid and self sufficient
Griff its hard hard work. Just a thought try and get a stool sample and ask the doctors to test for C diff Clostridium difficile infection my Aunt had similar to as you describe and took a long while to be tested for Clostridium difficile infection

When my Aunt had this I recall (may of posted here) sitting in the bathroom trying to clean and crying as I did the careers in her sheltered housing were beside themselves as I normally cope well. Once we realised the issue was a medical/mechanical one that she could not control. I fekt terrible but better as was sure she was not taking enough care or moving quickly enough.

Symptoms of a C. diff infection usually develop when you're taking antibiotics, or when you have finished taking them within the last few weeks.

The most common symptoms are:

diarrhoea several times a day possibly unable to reach the toilet.
a high temperature (fever)
loss of appetite
feeling sick
tummy pain
In some cases, you may also have signs of dehydration.

Griff this is a terrible bug and hard to control it never really goes just lies in wait for the next time without symptoms but very infectious. Get your Mom tested
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >