Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2020, 07:35 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 20th June, 2020

Good morning all, nice and bright this morning. Have a lovely day, you and your four legged friends. Stay safe and well. God bless.

Hope today your mum will be home Kelly, and a lot better too.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2020, 09:02 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Do hope your mum is home today Kelly she will do so much better with you looking after her.

Some deliveries can be a nightmare Chris. Hope you can get something sorted.

Nice morning here today. Teazle walked and have also dead headed the roses.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2020, 10:03 AM
Phew its warm out. I have been shredding and throwing old paper work. Just looked up how long these things should be kept and woe I could have thrown them out years ago. Still a good job done. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-06-2020, 10:10 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
Sunny and then overcast here but warm.
Went to Lidl early to get chicken having trouble getting Dillon to eat, he will eat randomly his dog food I have so may types and flavours in stock thankfully. Things seem to go down better with cooked chicken mixed in.
Keeping an eye on him. Treats seem to be going down well though.
Weaning off the painkillers slowly down to 1 twice a day today from 3 twice daily a week ago then 2 twice daily. Seems to be doing ok no crying.
Just tidying house and garden today Mark and Lauren popping over tomorrow for Fathers day early for a bacon sarnie before going over to Harlow to see Joel. Cheeky fella hasn't spoken to anyone not even his dad since his birthday meal on 7th March.
He has been back living with Donna and when under her roof this always happens. Hopefully Mark will get to see him tomorrow.

griff hope mum gets home today and I am sure as Sue says she will fare much better at home.
Chris what a nightmare with the delivery. I always find nowadays if ordering things I get asked about parking restrictions, what floor are you on if living in a flat.
Really hope you find someone who can deliver to the flat with no issues stressful enough for you as it is.
Harvey hope the headaches are still keeping at bay.
Sue hope you are having an easier day today.
Kazz hope you have had another lovely walk with Gert.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2020, 12:03 PM
Good afternoon all

Been to work and home now however DISASTER the washing machine has stopped working took the back off and see the belt has come off the drive/ pulley put it back and off it came again so checked the pullet and see it is moving more than it should be maybe wear and tear who knows however last ever washer dryer I buy so have ordered the spares on line. New belt pully (like a big wheel) and a new nut for the pulley. Heyho however just spoke to a friend who was amazed I had even tried to see what had happened. I find that odd you have to look and try, don't you?

Chris the deliveries sound like a nightmare. Always stressful, sure will all work out.

Moyra Have a good day

Sue No washing here hope you fare better.

Lynn Have a good day

Brenda My good friend had exactly the same thought and went ground floor.

Griff Hope all goes well

Have a great afternoon all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2020, 02:55 PM
She's home.... refusing to eat and hasn't had a drink as far as I know, I am doing dad burgers for dinner, she likes those so offered to do her one...nope
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2020, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
She's home.... refusing to eat and hasn't had a drink as far as I know, I am doing dad burgers for dinner, she likes those so offered to do her one...nope
You don't always feel hungry but drinking a must. You have your work cut out I think patience wise.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-06-2020, 03:41 PM
griff it is going to be hard, as Kazz says drinking is a must otherwise she will be back in hospital.
What about some scrambled egg no need for toast, I always found I could tempt mum with scrambled egg. Soup maybe not much nutrition in canned soup but it's a start and easy to get down and starts the process of the stomach accepting food again.
I agree with Kazz this is going to take all the patience you can muster.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2020, 06:02 PM
Good evening all

The problem with the deliveries is not with the flat being on the third floor because there is both a service and a passenger lift. The problem is that they won't enter the building. We'll just take the sofa and bed he has now until the virus threat is over.

Kelly, try leaving drinks at the side of mum and cooking good smelling stuff for dad. It might just get her to want to try. Try not to nag her, but instead tell her you are worried she may need to go back in hospital if she doesn't try to eat. Such a big worry for you and dad xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-06-2020, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
He has been back living with Donna and when under her roof this always happens.

She's a bad influence on him, of that there's no doubt. How long do you think he will be with her ?

Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
but drinking a must.

Griff - Kazz is correct, fluid intake is most important. Humans (and dogs) can live for long periods without food but they must have access to clean fresh drinking water (or similar if you're a human.) I'm sure she will improve now she's back home with you.

Has been very hot and humid today which hasn't agreed with me, hope it cools down a bit this evening.

See you all soon
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >