Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2019, 07:14 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 31st October 2019

Good morning everyone. Happy Halloween to those who enjoy that sort of thing, personally I don't and I think it teaches children to be nasty and begging.

Have a good day everyone, wrap up warm and dry and above all be careful to stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2019, 08:57 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you aren't too squiffy this morning Kelly and that you had a good evening

We don't do anything for halloween and unless you decorate your house outside with at least a pumpkin then you are not bothered by the trick or treating which is good

Another lovely day here so a bit more gardening is on the cards

Yesterday we broke up a bureau that was in the hall as it was falling to bits and sorted through what was in it which have now been sorted into files or box files so have now painted that bit of skirting which had gone yellow.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2019, 09:16 AM
Morning all. What a palaver I have had this morning. First the National Lottery have changed their website so trawling through that is a minefield to me. Then tesco website has a problem with mozilla firefox so I have given up with that for the time being until they can fix their problem which it is although they won't admit it. Oh know never their problem. Anyway have a good day all. I'm off for lunch today with my good friend Margaret who trys to keep me sane. bfn.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-10-2019, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Happy Halloween to those who enjoy that sort of thing, personally I don't and I think it teaches children to be nasty and begging.

'morning Moyra and all who follow

Halloween was never a British tradition, it has been 'imported' from America and due to the vast amounts of money that the American media can spend on TV and social media it has slowly brainwashed the non thinking public who will do anything if they see it on TV

It's also another opportunity for the retail busines to try and extract more £'s from the shoppers.

I know little about the custom so I can't comment on the children thing but I'm sure you are right and that is also not good.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-10-2019, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
so I have given up with that for the time being until they can fix their problem which it is although they won't admit it.

Brenda - They never do admit things llike this, it's annoying because it's hardly likely to be you who has messed up their wonderful computers

I am having similar problems with BOC, I've tried four times and spoken to several people at their so called 'customer service' number.

I've given up now it's far easier, quicker, and less frustrating to do it by phone, it's a Freephone number so costs me 'nowt.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2019, 01:24 PM
Good afternoon all.

Crisp, clear autumnal day with plenty of sunshine here so far so a lovely walk this morning. Can't believe how busy it is for the last week in October, but it's good for businesses.

Still a couple of teeshirt and shorts people out today - brrrrr.

I don't like this halloween stuff either. Another excuse to set fireworks off and encouraging youngsters it's ok to play tricks on people's houses. Not good at all to my way of thinking. Fortunately, we live in a predominantly retirement village so we don't have the problems apart from fireworks displays at the local pubs. Rosie doesn't like them, but isn't 'over-the-top' stressed by them.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2019, 04:41 PM
I went trick or treating twice growing up, both times it chucked it down, we got soaked and frozen and I just thought it was crap.
Recovered from yesterday.....no hangover this morning, just sorting my thank you cards out