Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mattsn
New Member!
Male 

30-03-2017, 11:10 PM

Does anyone's dog use nylabones?

I have a 4 month old puppy and I've invested a small fortune in there "NYLABONES" trying all different flavors and textures. Niether my puppy or my older lab seem to care about them at all.

Just curious if anyone has any luck with them
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2017, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mattsn View Post
I have a 4 month old puppy and I've invested a small fortune in there "NYLABONES" trying all different flavors and textures. Niether my puppy or my older lab seem to care about them at all.

Just curious if anyone has any luck with them
Why should they be interested in them? They are worthless and useless compared to the real thing! Give them raw meaty bones and raw chicken wings and they will be as happy as Larry!!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Nylabones awful things. Stopped using those when I found that they made the gums bleed and that they could choke on any bits that they swallowed. Better to give proper marrow bones. But care must be taken when they have them as they could also cause choking if they didn't gnaw them carefully.
Mattsn
New Member!
Male 

31-03-2017, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Nylabones awful things. Stopped using those when I found that they made the gums bleed and that they could choke on any bits that they swallowed. Better to give proper marrow bones. But care must be taken when they have them as they could also cause choking if they didn't gnaw them carefully.
Well thats the issue. It seems no matter what you give a dog, someone says that it's a choking hazzard. My dogs won't even touch these nylabones bones so choking isn't an issue.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-03-2017, 08:06 PM
Mine has a couple of marrow bones. He likes to chew them and gets fun from the noise when he throws them down on the floor.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2017, 10:14 PM
Yes, mine play with nylabones. They occasionally nibble at the ends, but not so much that I need to worry about it. I prefer them to chew on the softer silicone variety, but they seem to prefer throwing the hard ones around.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2017, 06:34 AM
When I've used them in the past I rubbed some Marmite into them to make them more attractive. I don't even know if Marmite exists in the Us it's basically beef extract that some people put on toast, add to soups etc.