Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:33 AM

Bella and the old pitbull dog

So we set off early again and could see them in the distance. Old man parks his car right in front of the digger Bella is scared of so she was quite brave this morning! She stopped halfway and waited for me to catch up before reaching them.

After I'd spoken a few encouraging words to her, (oh look Bella it's lovely Bruno! lol!) she went ahead to meet him - just a bit of a size discrepancy between them as you can see!

Here he is with his old master - not in the greatest of shape (either of them) but dog seems really happy and the old man had to pull him back to him for me to take the pics as all Bruno wanted was for me to stroke and cuddle and talk to him! Came straight over wagging his tail and 'leaned his head' on me and waited!

He appears to have some sort of problem with his rear end - not red or sore looking but swollen, as well as one eye looking a bit half closed and of course the callouses on elbows - but as this old man speaks no English and my Cypriot Greek is pretty awful - I try not to get into conversations including words like 'bum' or 'rear end' or anything else that could be even remotely misconstrued!

The old man seemed really happy to see us and struggled up and walked a little way back with us when we left. Said we would have to come to his house for coffee one day. Yeah - one day, some day, but maybe never! I will continue to say hello to this old dog - I don't think I've ever met a dog so appreciative of a bit of a fuss and a few kind words. Totally ignored Bella while I was petting and patting him. Bella of course kept elbowing her way in for HER fuss - spoiled little bint she is!

We met a few regulars on the way home but she'd had enough of 'other dogs' by then so decided to leap up and sit on my lap on the wall instead!

Bella is now a very good dog and I know I can trust it will never be her that starts a problem with another dog or any other animal. (Though she did bark at a GSD on the way home - a new one I haven't seen before - quite a few locals were out by then and said 'well she isn't afraid of them' I told them she IS and that's why she is barking! It's her 'Hey look boss there's one of those dogs that hurt me' bark!)

She redeemed herself by behaving herself when I made it clear she is NOT to bother the birds in my pal's aviary when we stopped there on the way home. She showed off for a bit and tried to get to them but soon gave up and plonked herself down in the sunshine on the verandah with her 'no one loves me' face!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Awww lovely if you ever want a home for her ship her over to us Tang she is a real cutie !
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Awww lovely if you ever want a home for her ship her over to us Tang she is a real cutie !
Thanks Julie! But you will have to get on the end of a very long queue with my 3 kids at the very front of it lol! Everyone loves Bella and I have to say it is such a pleasure to own a dog that everyone does love. (Not EVERYONE loved her when she was a yappy snappy nutty typical minpin puppy - sometimes I questioned if even I did! But she's turned out well!)

We were 'made for each other' temperament wise and every other wise. I love to laugh and dogs always make me laugh but this dog makes me laugh more than any other. Such a character in such a tiny little sausage body!

She was asleep by my feet just now but I got up to have a look at her collar to get the name off it for another thread. Of course she knows where her collar is kept and was up and insanely looking at me like we were going out again already! We were out for THREE HOURS earlier! I didn't say a word to her just came back and sat down. When she realised we weren't going anywhere she went off in the huff lol!
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Lovely photos, Bruno makes Bella look even smaller, she is so sweet.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:53 AM
LOL don't dare touch collars or harnesses here with two who love a car ride they are up and ready as soon as it even remotely looks like they may be going somewhere.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Ahhh. You mentioned the car! That's still a work in progress but I at least can drive without earplugs in while she is with me now!

Give it another 3 years and I might even get her to SIT or LIE down on a journey!
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Great photos . really enjoyed them. dog looks more Stafford than pitbull to me though
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Lovely photos!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Ahhh. You mentioned the car! That's still a work in progress but I at least can drive without earplugs in while she is with me now!

Give it another 3 years and I might even get her to SIT or LIE down on a journey!
Now I didn't say they didn't bark LOL, that for them is the fun bit !
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by KYes View Post
Great photos . really enjoyed them. dog looks more Stafford than pitbull to me though
Well he calls it a pitbull so does everyone else. I don't have clue! PBs banned here same as UK. But then smoking is banned here too and riding without a helmet and all sorts and no one takes any notice of those laws!

It's a huge dog. I always wonder about old people like him with a dog no one else like - if he dies the dog will be pts. If the dog dies old man loses his only pal. Too old and disabled to take on another.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >