Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kitkat_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:04 AM

Collars

So where do you buy your collars or what make do you use. I am going to get one for Billy along with a Hashtagdogtag for Christmas as he doesnt have a collar at the moment. Not sure weather I want fabric or leather, plain or snazzy so throw all your suggestions at me

Thanks
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:16 AM
We use nylon collars as they are fairly soft and easily washable. But we use a harness (also nylon) to walk them on I am not a fan of using a collar for walking.
Kitkat_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
We use nylon collars as they are fairly soft and easily washable. But we use a harness (also nylon) to walk them on I am not a fan of using a collar for walking.
Yes Billy has a Fleece Lined Dog-Games harness, hence why he hasnt got a collar lol. Not sure what type or colour ect to get him lol
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Any nylon collar should be ok if you are using a harness then, you just need to decide on colour and pattern.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Kitkat_ View Post
Yes Billy has a Fleece Lined Dog-Games harness, hence why he hasnt got a collar lol. Not sure what type or colour ect to get him lol
In the UK all dogs have to wear a collar when outside with their owner's address on unless your dog is exempt for some reason. I have had 2 dogs exempt, one had an operation on his spine the other had a tracheotomy in, I was told by my vet to refer the police to them if they say anything.

I have had 2 dogs get out of a fleece lined Dog Games harness, thankfully they both had good recalls, I now use different harnesses which are more difficult for them to get out of. The harnesses I use have the strap round the body much further back were the ribs are shorter, the Game Dogs harness and many more, have the strap just behind the elbows were it is easy for the harness to come off.

A collar is personal preference, I normally have nylon collars but many people prefer leather, either flat or rolled. Tilly has a Martingale collar with a fancy pattern on, the others just have fancy nylon collars, Cyril's says "Making Mischief" on
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2013, 11:36 AM
As I have a "thing" about Pereg wearing matching collars and harnesses I match the collar to the harness. The collar, which is just for her tags, is called a limited slip collar, and is only used when she wants to go out during the night as she wears her harness all day.

Both are fairly wide and nicely padded, and easily washable.
Kitkat_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
In the UK all dogs have to wear a collar when outside with their owner's address on unless your dog is exempt for some reason. I have had 2 dogs exempt, one had an operation on his spine the other had a tracheotomy in, I was told by my vet to refer the police to them if they say anything.

I have had 2 dogs get out of a fleece lined Dog Games harness, thankfully they both had good recalls, I now use different harnesses which are more difficult for them to get out of. The harnesses I use have the strap round the body much further back were the ribs are shorter, the Game Dogs harness and many more, have the strap just behind the elbows were it is easy for the harness to come off.

A collar is personal preference, I normally have nylon collars but many people prefer leather, either flat or rolled. Tilly has a Martingale collar with a fancy pattern on, the others just have fancy nylon collars, Cyril's says "Making Mischief" on
He has a address/phone number tag and a tag saying his is microchipped on his harness anyway, just want to get him a fancy tag and would be a shame to only have it on his harness. He has a red harness and lead but dont think I want a red collar, might go for black with some kind of pattern

His tag is going to have #greybeard written on it, poor poor dog lol
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:39 AM
I use the same old one almost all the time for Bella, my minpin. I wanted a soft padded comfy one not one that could 'cut in' when she was being trained to walk on the lead, as she has such a little pointy head it would be possible for her to pull out of it unless it was too tight (her ears sometimes go inside it now a bit!)

I've never found another one the same in this small size, so I am REALLY glad it has lasted well has a nice big strong clip buckle and D ring too.

All I know about it is on the label it says ANCOL on one side and SIGNATURE on the other side. You can see it here.

Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:42 AM
We are very poorly coordinated LOL red harness on Mollie with different shade of red collar, pink and blue lead. Betty has pink harness, red and white collar and red and green lead.

Should have been more organised I guess still luckily neither seems to mind although I got their jumpers and coats out this morning and they both looked a bit insulted at the multi coloured jumpers and red hooded coats !
Kitkat_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Oh I forgot about Annrees stuff, may get him one of her padded leather collars

http://www.annrees.co.uk/dogs/collar...ars_padded.htm
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >