Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by KYes View Post
Pavlov's dog got eaten by the starved
He had more than one dog. He also conducted a lot of experiments on children (implanting his saliva catching devices into their heads the same as he did with the dogs) you don't hear much about that.

Watched a Russian documentary film about him quite recently. Plenty of info on Pavlov out there - even on Wiki.
Mrs T
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Oh Lordy, I couldn't eat my boys under any circumstances.
From what l read, this man was warned not to go on this expedition, he had a choice, his faithful friend didn't!
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2013, 12:55 PM
No!!!! That Is Absolutely No.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 01:27 PM
NO I don't eat meat so would never eat any of my dogs, can't say the same for them though if they were starving & I was dead/dying !
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
NO I don't eat meat so would never eat any of my dogs, can't say the same for them though if they were starving & I was dead/dying !
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 02:01 PM
I don't think I could, but I do not know what it would be like to be starving.

I would not want Toffee to starve to death, but I doubt if I should have the courage to kill him. (I once killed a rabbit and said never again.)

Anyway Toffee would make much of a meal.
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-11-2013, 06:22 PM
NO - I couldn't imagine killing my dog, let alone eating him, especially not after only 3 days. This "adventurer" survived for 3 months, but no explanation yet as to what he survived on. He was warned not to go there, did not take a sat phone or any means to defend himself from a bear attack. It looks like his food was in his canoe and the canoe was therefore damaged by the bear. Seems like an ill thought out expedition, but he is now reported as saying he wants another dog.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 07:54 PM
My sympathy is for his dog NOT that incredibly stupid man. For me in the situation he was in, a dog is more use alive than dead.

Two years ago this month whilst we were walking through the woods I tripped over a log and fractured my femur. I couldn't contact anyone as mobile phones don't work around here, the woods were deserted of people and we were a good twenty minutes walk from home.

As soon as I fell both dogs came running up to me ... Chloe my Tibbie licked my face and M'boi my Pei pawed me on the shoulder. I told my Pei to stand still and using her back as a lever I managed to pull myself up. I then put the dogs on their leads and told my Pei to "take Mummy home". Both dogs were incredible the way they quietly lead me out of the wood, and picked their way carefully down the cart track and down the lane till we finally reached home.

Kill my dogs .... NEVER!
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Well, I do know what it's like to be pretty hungry. It eats through you. I don;t know how strong it would have to be to get me even to think about eating my dogs.

They keep me warm at night. They tell me of any danger. They are my constant companions. I know their smells-- each one, even the gone one. They are my friends. One doesn't eat one's friends, and I would starve to death beside my friend before I'd eat them.
s7eph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-11-2013, 06:45 PM
I have gone without myself when money is very tight just so that my boys can eat, eat them NEVER
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >