Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Millysmum View Post
Not so much embarrassing as funny now - Many years ago I had a (very nervous) English Setter - she arrived with us at 18 months, a poor sad rescue who gradually came out of herself but needed some basic training. So we duly went along to classes only to find lots of other dogs there - my setter was so distraught that she leapt up into my arms (she wasn't a small setter by any means) and I had to carry her in past all the other dogs. There was a huge 'ahhhhhh' factor from the other owners, but a very red face from me. Fortunately Bluebell eventually made ONE class where she walked into the hall - but only because we got there so early that time and there was no-one else there.
Aw the poor soul. I hope she got over her fear.

Although the image of someone carrying a great big setter is really quite funny They don't come in carry-sizes unfortunately.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 05:22 PM
I was so very proud of my beautiful white Samoyed puppy, She was 6 months old when I got her. I had never had a dog before and most of Selkie's early years were a steep learning curve...

I took her with me everywhere and she was just as good as gold. I took her to Pets at home one day and everyone remarked what a beautiful girl she was, so shiny and white, she had had a bath the day before and was so perfectly white she was dazzling. I walked past the treats and she didn't lunge for a single one, what a good girl! I walked her past the bunnies and she was quiet and respectful. What an angel my beautiful bear is....

Then she bopped...

Oh no I thought... a wee-wee! How embarrassed I will feel to tell the store people, but I'm sure they will forgive my darling snowy angel... But then came an ominous rumbling sound from the vicinity of her tummy... Uh Oh.. I began the race for the door, but... I was too late... With a Fart of truly EPIC proportions my beautiful cloud puppy's bottom exploded! She spewed forth noxious slimy Ick in a way only a Samoyed puppy can... With the most peculiar smell... It smelled like... well... it smelled like oranges? We continued our drag and race to the door... three more times there was exploding incidents! The last one was accompanied by a definite clatter... She had finally passed something solid-ish odd and lumpy... This being the only thing i stood a chance of 'picking up' hastily scooped in a baggy and raced from the shop... Apologising profusely as I ran past the counter and trying to explain as I went past that she was clearly very ill and I was taking her straight to the vet!...

At the vets she and the baggy were rushed straight through to the back.. I was left in the waiting room in a state somewhere between terrible concern and mortified embarrassment...

About 20 mins later I was called in to the vets office, a very bedraggled and hosed Selkie greeted me with a wag and yip...the vet handed me a clear plastic bag with a small chewed plastic bottle in it and some odd bright pink sparlkly rubber bits...

Selkie was apparently fine... X ray had shown no other blockages (indeed she went on to eat a hearty meal that night and passed perfectly normal poop the next day)... but whatever could this bottle and rubber be? It was nothing I recognised... I took her home.

At the time I shared my house with my landlady and best friend.. She looked after Selkie when I was out and loved her quite as much as I did. I explained about the incident and showed her the baggy... she went quite pale and quiet and ran upstairs...

I followed....

Sure enough Selkie had at some point broken into my landlady's bedroom, had gone under her bed and got into her... erm... special box... There were all sorts of chewed up... erm... bits and pieces... The little green bottle had held orange massage oil and the pink sparkly rubber... ... Well you can probably guess... lets just say the bit left behind would certainly not be usable again, but at least she hadn't eaten the batteries!

And this is how we learned that puppys can NEVER be left unattended even for a moment and that Selkie can open clip top boxes.

This was only one of many Selkie eating things incidents in her life.. But was truly and completely and definitely the most embarrassing for all concerned!... I never went back to the pets at home again.
JuliePup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2011, 09:23 PM
@ Magpye: Priceless!!! hahaha it had to be THAT box that she got into, didn't it??? lol nice

I must have a dozen embarassing things that come to mind...but the two that were the absolute worst:

1. I was going through my student dog training courses, working in actual dog classes and close to getting my certification. The head trainer had told me to bring Honey in as a demo dog, since she really is great at it. On the car ride to the class, I noticed several bouts of the most noxious, awful smells I had ever smelled come out of an animal -- Honey had gas. Great. I was praying that none of the students would be unfortunate enough to get a whiff. I had arrived a couple minutes early, so I tried to get her to poo on the designated strip of ''potty grass'', but to no avail...just peepee, no poo's. About halfway into class, she had stopped letting them fly, so I had assumed that her tummy had calmed itself and that she wasn't feeling sick or anything. It happened to be ''potty training'' week, and as I was going through with the class how to prepare a specific spot to train their dogs to use as a bathroom, Honey walks up next to me. Just as I was uttering the sentence "and that way, your dogs won't be tempted to go to the bathroom anywhere where you don't want them to go", Honey squats, grunts, lets loose a huge fart, and then the biggest, smelliest, runniest poop I've ever seen come out of a dog her size before. Then when she was done, she walked in front of me and sat down wagging her tail, looking at me like "hey mom, look what I just did!!!!" all proud of herself. At first I was so mortified, I could do nothing besides stare down at her with my jaw dropped in horror and humiliation at the irony of the situation. But luckily, the whole class laughed hysterically until tears streamed from many of their eyes and I seemed to be off the hook. After taking almost 20 minutes to clean the mess up, I was able to join the class again, albeit still very redfaced!!! hahahahaha

2. My oldest dog Koko is 16 years old. She's still in great health (knock on wood), she's bright, vibrant, and full of energy and love of life. The only real change in her is her way of thinking....I'm not sure I'd go as far as to call it 'senility', but it seems to be damn close. She gets funny ideas in her head sometimes at random, and she will almost always act on them. Sometimes when I call her, she thinks she's in trouble Sometimes when I take her in to my work, she tries (and has succeeded once) to walk right into the wrong office, even though she knows darn well where my office is lol. One night, as my OH and I were unloading groceries, my OH tried to kick the door shut behind him, but it didn't close all the way. Koko, in the throws of a sudden epiphany that she NEEDED to go on a walk RIGHT NOW, noses the door open all the way, runs down the stairs, and trots off down the street She never usually runs off like that, but like I said, if she gets it in her head, she's gonna do it, period. I drop my bags of groceries and run after her, calling her name repeatedly, to no avail (oh yeah and did I mention that she's half deaf??? lol) In the distance, I see a police cruiser with it's front doors open, and a person sitting in it's back seat. The cops were standing filling out paperwork with their backs to the car. From behind her, I see Koko look at the open police cruiser door, make a split second decision, and bolt for it. My heart sunk as I knew just what she was planning. She's suprisingly fast for a dog her age, and I was too far behind her to catch her in time. She jumps into the police car, honks the horn with her butt as she does this, and wakes up the sleeping drunk guy handcuffed in the back of the car. He starts screaming and carrying on like he's been slapped. I'm not gonna lie to you--the little devil on my left shoulder tried to get me to turn around and pretent like she wasn't my dog for a second, and I kind of considered it lol. Of course, I couldn't do that, so I had to explain my sheepish self to two very irritated policemen who just had the guy they were trying to calm down for a long time woken up again, screaming bloody murder. They chilled out after a minute, after I told them how old Koko was and that she's actually a very mannered and well-behaved dog usually. Luckily one of them had a 13 year old dog who does the same crazy stuff, so he was familiar!!! Still, I really hope that I never have to see those two cops again.....

Oh, what we put ourselves through to own dogs.....

~Julie
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Millysmum View Post
Not so much embarrassing as funny now - Many years ago I had a (very nervous) English Setter - she arrived with us at 18 months, a poor sad rescue who gradually came out of herself but needed some basic training. So we duly went along to classes only to find lots of other dogs there - my setter was so distraught that she leapt up into my arms (she wasn't a small setter by any means) and I had to carry her in past all the other dogs. There was a huge 'ahhhhhh' factor from the other owners, but a very red face from me. Fortunately Bluebell eventually made ONE class where she walked into the hall - but only because we got there so early that time and there was no-one else there.

Can just picture it, bless her
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Oscar has a weird thing about pooing in public - it's his favourite hobby.

I went out for the day to Skipton last month. The dogs hadn't had a proper walk when we got there, so I thought I'd go to a far corner of the car park to give them chance to do their business. Oscar runs towards the only car in the far corner of the car park and stops to take a crap right in front of the car. Of course the car just had to have two people in it chowing down on their lunch. And to make matters worse Oscar got his Willy out whilst having a poo......God I just wanted to die!
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
I was so very proud of my beautiful white Samoyed puppy, She was 6 months old when I got her. I had never had a dog before and most of Selkie's early years were a steep learning curve...

I took her with me everywhere and she was just as good as gold. I took her to Pets at home one day and everyone remarked what a beautiful girl she was, so shiny and white, she had had a bath the day before and was so perfectly white she was dazzling. I walked past the treats and she didn't lunge for a single one, what a good girl! I walked her past the bunnies and she was quiet and respectful. What an angel my beautiful bear is....

Then she bopped...

Oh no I thought... a wee-wee! How embarrassed I will feel to tell the store people, but I'm sure they will forgive my darling snowy angel... But then came an ominous rumbling sound from the vicinity of her tummy... Uh Oh.. I began the race for the door, but... I was too late... With a Fart of truly EPIC proportions my beautiful cloud puppy's bottom exploded! She spewed forth noxious slimy Ick in a way only a Samoyed puppy can... With the most peculiar smell... It smelled like... well... it smelled like oranges? We continued our drag and race to the door... three more times there was exploding incidents! The last one was accompanied by a definite clatter... She had finally passed something solid-ish odd and lumpy... This being the only thing i stood a chance of 'picking up' hastily scooped in a baggy and raced from the shop... Apologising profusely as I ran past the counter and trying to explain as I went past that she was clearly very ill and I was taking her straight to the vet!...

At the vets she and the baggy were rushed straight through to the back.. I was left in the waiting room in a state somewhere between terrible concern and mortified embarrassment...

About 20 mins later I was called in to the vets office, a very bedraggled and hosed Selkie greeted me with a wag and yip...the vet handed me a clear plastic bag with a small chewed plastic bottle in it and some odd bright pink sparlkly rubber bits...

Selkie was apparently fine... X ray had shown no other blockages (indeed she went on to eat a hearty meal that night and passed perfectly normal poop the next day)... but whatever could this bottle and rubber be? It was nothing I recognised... I took her home.

At the time I shared my house with my landlady and best friend.. She looked after Selkie when I was out and loved her quite as much as I did. I explained about the incident and showed her the baggy... she went quite pale and quiet and ran upstairs...

I followed....

Sure enough Selkie had at some point broken into my landlady's bedroom, had gone under her bed and got into her... erm... special box... There were all sorts of chewed up... erm... bits and pieces... The little green bottle had held orange massage oil and the pink sparkly rubber... ... Well you can probably guess... lets just say the bit left behind would certainly not be usable again, but at least she hadn't eaten the batteries!

And this is how we learned that puppys can NEVER be left unattended even for a moment and that Selkie can open clip top boxes.

This was only one of many Selkie eating things incidents in her life.. But was truly and completely and definitely the most embarrassing for all concerned!... I never went back to the pets at home again.
This story had me in stitches so funny.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Toby still wee's if he gets really excited so lots of wet feet for visitors here! Its quite embarrassing when people introduce him with "this is Toby, watch he doesn't wee on your feet"! The worst was when he met a group of kids. He was sooooooo excited that not only did he wee, but he also rolled on his back...at the same time! Luckily the rainbow of wee didn't hit anyone!

He has also....

.....pooed in the middle of a busy market
.....pinched a mans pie (he did wave it around in his face!)
.....ate my father in laws lunch (he left it unattended!)

I'm sure there are many other things that I've blocked out of my memory!
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
There's someone I frequently meet who always stops to say hello to the dogs and have a chat.

On one particular occaision, I'm stood talking to him, Locky is on lead milling about between us. As we chat I'm looking at this man's face - I look down to see Locky has cocked his leg and is peeing on this man's leg - who in turn carries on chatting and doesn't notice !

Luckily, he saw the funny side of it!
lol
i've had a dog cock its leg on me and being an animal lover i wasnt too bothered!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Last time my dog trainer and I went to the Dog Pension to buy some things, we took Pereg and let her off her leash as soon as we got out of the car as she is used to it there now.

Up came her special friend, the humungous fluffy white Sheleg [that is his name, it means "snow"] and off they trotted for a wander around while David and I had a good look at what there was in the store.

After a while Pereg decided to come and check on me and all of a sudden someone yelled "do not move".

Huh?

She had only gone and done a poo in the middle of the floor

I was mortified, David was in hysterics, and the guy who runs the place [son of the owner] came strolling over to pick it up, while Pereg looked at him with such an innocent expression on her face.

I mean she had been wandering around outside for ages, and then had to come in and do it?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2