View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 07:40 PM

Most embarrassing thing your dog has done?

Just thought I would ask has your dog ever embarrassed you?

My AB had a benign tumour removed from his hind leg last year. When I went to pick him up we had to walk on a really slim kerb and pass about 5 people waiting at the bus stop. So when we get to bus stop, what does Buster decide to do, squat and poop right in front of the people at the bus stop some of their faces were a picture but a couple of people were okay about it. I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me. And of course I cleaned it up and threw it in the bin right next to them! lol
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Err - I was at a flyball Comp with my Mums dog and he Pee'd on someone while I was at the briefing!
I Ran (I was quite young!) and she had not noticed! For quite a wile that day I could see the mark up her leg!!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Ha ha! I knew they'd be gross toilet incidents...and mine is no different...

Last year at Cheddar Gorge we'd walked down past all the nice grassy verges and Axel held it...he chose to go to the toilet in the nice outdoor eating area, it was all wooden slats and it was the BIGGEST SLOPPIEST poo he's ever done! He just squatted right there for everyone to see, several customers moved, I don't blame them, it stank! It was definitely the most embarrassing moment :S
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 08:40 PM
My first dog I ever owned was a Cairn terrier called Rusty. He was a lovely dog but one day we were walking through the woods where there was a man walking a very elderly blind miniature Poodle. Rusty decided he was going to mount it! He was neutered and had never ever done this before to another dog (or did it after) and I was sooo embarassed!

Cherry.....well let's just say I have a whole catalogue (or should that be dogalogue?) of incidents I would rather forget!

One of the more memorable ones was when our car was in for repair and we decided to take a coach trip to the beach. It was a very large coach with 4 high steps up to the driver and Cherry got so excited about jumping up the steps she carried on jumping from one seat to another until I managed to grab her She had trodden on a lady's coat which was on a seat and Cherry had wet paws as it had been raining. I should have offered the lady some money to get her coat cleaned but I was so humiliated I just went to the back of the bus and hid
cravencraven
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2011, 08:57 PM
I took my car in for some repairs,as it was a nice day I took Craven so we could go for a walk while it was being done.
After a couple of hours we came back and the car was outside the garage,so I put Craven in there while I went and paid.
Came back to the car and realised that the front window was wide open and no dog in the car.
I asked around if anyone had seen a foxhound running free,no one had,then I heard shouting from the other side of the garage,went through and there were 4 mechanics trying to round up Craven.
Between us we managed to catch him eventually.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Toilet one here too

Ben was a tiny puppy and we had gone into Glasgow for some shopping
Stopped to chat to this very hot guy!! all was going great, he commented on how cute Ben was - and he chose that point to drop the runniest stinkiest poo in the world!! we were on pavement too so a nightmare to clean up!!

My face was bright red! and the guy made his excuses and legged it!
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-06-2011, 09:23 PM
There's someone I frequently meet who always stops to say hello to the dogs and have a chat.

On one particular occaision, I'm stood talking to him, Locky is on lead milling about between us. As we chat I'm looking at this man's face - I look down to see Locky has cocked his leg and is peeing on this man's leg - who in turn carries on chatting and doesn't notice !

Luckily, he saw the funny side of it!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 09:25 PM
LOL - oh, where to start.......?!

Here they are:

1 - the first day after I adopted Dexter, I took him for a walk. Five minutes into the walk, he suddenly lunged forward - and leaped into a total stranger's car.... The guy was working on his car stereo and had left the door open - next thing he knew a big yellow Lab was literally sitting on his lap

2 - right at the start, when I naively let Dex off leash at the park, he suddenly saw a mother and young boy in the distance. The mother was standing in front of the boy while he relieved himself at the side of a field, near the playground, their backs to us.

Before I could do anything, Dexter had gone hurtling across the field towards him - I went sprinting after him, and watched in horror as he went diving through the mother's legs, and then proceeded to lick the boy's bare bum...

Fortunately the mother was really nice about it and she loved dogs!!

Those are just two of the more embarrassing things Dexter has done. Of course after that, I put him on a long line at the park and he's stayed on it pretty much ever since as recall still a work in progress.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Haha, these have been great to read!

Jake once embarrassed me when i was round at my OHs house, where he still stays with his parents. We had been sitting in the kitchen with the back door open for Jake, who was pottering about the garden while we sat and chatted with his mum. My OH then decided to go for a shower, and i went out to check what Jake was up to. I couldnt find him though, and was beginning to panic so i ran back into the house just as Joe walked in with Jake at his heels with a pine cone in his mouth apparently Joe had gone upstairs and found Jake raiding his parents bedroom! Which is where he got the pine cone, it was a decorative one that was in a dish with some others We had forgot to shut the front door, so Jake had gone out the back and in the front for a nosey!

Another embarrassing moment was when he was playing with his friend Willow, and knocked her into the river! She is just a wee dog and couldnt get back out again Thankfully she was at the edge which isnt deep and she was standing on a load of sticks and leaves (it was during autumn). Her owner had a broken knee though, and what with it being my dog who knocked her in, i had to go in and get her! There was one very wet me, very wet dog and very norty Jake!
Millysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Not so much embarrassing as funny now - Many years ago I had a (very nervous) English Setter - she arrived with us at 18 months, a poor sad rescue who gradually came out of herself but needed some basic training. So we duly went along to classes only to find lots of other dogs there - my setter was so distraught that she leapt up into my arms (she wasn't a small setter by any means) and I had to carry her in past all the other dogs. There was a huge 'ahhhhhh' factor from the other owners, but a very red face from me. Fortunately Bluebell eventually made ONE class where she walked into the hall - but only because we got there so early that time and there was no-one else there.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >