View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 07:42 AM
This thread raises so many questions....

Why just your face? (I`d have thought your hands were more in danger of being licked)
How come a chi can reach your face so much? Does it jump?
How do germs gravitate from your face into your body?
What germs do dogs carry on their tongues?
Is your dog trying to make you regurgitate?

think I need to go and lie down now. Not near the dogs of course......
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 08:04 AM
We dont encourage licking at all but if you tie your shoe laces at walkies time theres a good chance your going to get a face lick!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 10:57 AM
if you like it then why not?

personally Im not a fan of drooly faces so I dont let them lick my face
but if you are a hygene nut then prob best not to have a dog
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Pereg is not really a "licky" dog except if I have a scratch or wound on my feet/ankles/lower legs, in which case she thinks it is her job to give it/them a good clean.

Unfortunately she objects to me using a bandaid and will, if given half a chance, carefully peel it off with her teeth.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Flynn is a very licky dog, both to humans and other dogs and most of my family hate it. I dont really like him licking my face, and definately not near my mouth, but I dont mind him licking my arms or ears. For Flynn, it's definately a bonding/comforting thing so I think it's important he be able to lick me at least because it's obviously an important behaviour to him.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Pereg is not really a "licky" dog except if I have a scratch or wound on my feet/ankles/lower legs, in which case she thinks it is her job to give it/them a good clean.

Unfortunately she objects to me using a bandaid and will, if given half a chance, carefully peel it off with her teeth.
Duncan does that we worried at first it would get infected but 9 times out of 10 the wounds get better much quicker - almost over night in same cases.
We call him Dr Duncan when he starts now
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Not so much the face... but I don't mind arms/hands being licked.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 01:58 PM
My dog licks my face all the time as do most of the dogs at the kennels i work in (Unless its a minging dog) ive never been ill and as a kid my Dad activly encouraged me to let the dogs lick my cuts as it makes them heal (this could be wrong - my dads a bit weird) again never had gangreen or anything like that, although i dont do it now
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 02:01 PM
I dont like my dogs licking me, it makes me cringe, i dont even like them licking my arms n stuff but im a bit odd like that lol x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Duncan does that we worried at first it would get infected but 9 times out of 10 the wounds get better much quicker - almost over night in same cases.
We call him Dr Duncan when he starts now
Pereg is rather frustrated at the moment as I have a large pressure dressing on my right shin, just above ankle height, trying to heal an infected mozzie bite. My scratching it in my sleep did not help and it ended up badly infected, and she is not allowed anywhere near that. So she sits and stares at it and then looks at me as if to say "please let me lick it better for you".

Daft dog!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >