View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Funny a lot of people think N.I can be quite laid back, I always say aye as long as they have some decent excersise everyday, mine would climb the walls without it.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Mine get half an hour with the OH and then about 2 hours with me either before or after work. They get that 7 days per week, 52 weeks per year. If I take them out for more than 3.5 hours on a day off they keep looking at me as if to say "Are we lost?", and are then over tired and subdued the next day. I agree that the same amount of exercise every day is the best way to go.
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Funny a lot of people think N.I can be quite laid back, I always say aye as long as they have some decent excersise everyday, mine would climb the walls without it.
Got mine would be awful if they didn't get walked daily x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Until recently my dogs have always had 60 - 90 minutes around the park twice a day. Takara off lead, Eddy on his lead. Of course Eddy only potters, Takara sets her own pace and has her mad run before settling into a steady trot and sniff session.

Then at weekends I'd take them off somewhere nice in the car - this could mean an hour up in the countryside or, one day we tried Sherwood Forest and got lost so were out for about 4 hours. When we got back I was shattered, Takara and Rowdy were shattered but Eddy (14 years old!) was ready to go again!

From what you've said it certainly doesn't sound too much as long as your dogs have finished growing.
Obviously look out for their general condition and they may need a higher 'performance' diet if they're doing a heck of a lot and I would be tempted to put them on some sort of joint aid as they get over the age of 4 or 5 but other than that... I would say they're very lucky!

My two have had their walks cut right down and I'd much rather they got the long walks they've had upto now but my work doesn't allow for it (they come with me to work and are perfectly happy not getting as long out).
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Take my boy out first thing in the morning for a walk 30 min, then afternoon a hour run about ( he plays with is ball, runs about with other dogs etc) and then another late night on lead 20-30 min walk.
On the weekends we take him out for hours, sometimes the whole day depending on the weather.
It all depends on the dog, age, and what there used to I suppose.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Every day!

He adores his free-running time - as clearly illustrated in the amount of mud he brings home under his belly lol
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Everyday xxxxxx
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 04:49 PM
How on earth do people have enough energy to walk for 2 1/2 - 3 hours or more on a weekday?

We don't have any exercise routine. Sometimes we will only do a half hour walk in day. Most of the time, however, I do an hour or 45 minutes off lead at some point in the day, then a quick 20-30 minutes in the evening. It is not the quantity as far as I am concerned but the quality. I have never walked for longer than two hours at a time; it just doesn't interest me. I enjoy walking very much, but after an hour I'm done.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
How on earth do people have enough energy to walk for 2 1/2 - 3 hours or more on a weekday?

We don't have any exercise routine. Sometimes we will only do a half hour walk in day. Most of the time, however, I do an hour or 45 minutes off lead at some point in the day, then a quick 20-30 minutes in the evening. It is not the quantity as far as I am concerned but the quality. I have never walked for longer than two hours at a time; it just doesn't interest me. I enjoy walking very much, but after an hour I'm done.
Red Bull, give you wings
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Red Bull, give you wings
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >