Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 07:57 AM

My first crufts!

Hi all,

Just wanted to share what a wonderful day i had yesterday!

My morning didnt exactly start well... I woke at 4am with really bad tummy pains and started being sick (stir fry the night before most definately did not agree with me!)
Thanks to my OH who is a paramedic i was dosed up and feeling a little brighter by the time i had to catch the train!
Anyway after the hour train journey i was feeling rather green again... But Got myself in and went and had a sit down and a drink before i started.

Wow!!!!!! is all i can say. I was amazed at the size of it, never been before.

Showing is not my thing, i enjoyed watching some of the agility though, very impressive.

But my favourite thing ever was the discover dogs area! I was absolutely floored by the number of different breeds!

I'm now absolutely head over heels for an italian greyhound, soooo tiny and cute, and a shar pei

It was lovely to be able to get an idea of the size of some of your dogs that i see pics of on here all the time. Was amazed at the size of the leonberger particularly, stunning doggies.

Anyway enough of my ranting,
Just wanted to say thanks to those of you who said i would be fine going on my own for the first time. I will certainly be going next year on my own, it was a fantastic day.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Glad you had a great time It is amazing the size of it.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Glad you had a nice day...it was great wasn't it!!!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 01:35 PM
I am so glad you enjoyed your day, we were there too with the dogs, it was a brilliant day.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Aww!! I wonder if we crossed paths at any point?
I really cant wait until next year now, had such an amazing day.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 01:43 PM
It is amazing isn't it. It was our first time as well and I totally agree about discover dogs. The only problem now is my list of breeds I want is now twice as long
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
It is amazing isn't it. It was our first time as well and I totally agree about discover dogs. The only problem now is my list of breeds I want is now twice as long
Tell me about it!!!
sharpei's, italian greyhounds, whippets, st bernards, pugs you name them i came home wanting one!
Luckily mr grump the non-dog-friendly hound lives here or i could have seen me coming home with some phone numbers!
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 01:58 PM
So glad you enjoyed it. I also want an italian greyhound but went for whippets as they are bigger i was worried about indi and wizard squashing one!!! Its a dream though....one day!! Don't get me wrong whippets are amazing pets and very much lapdogs but an italian greyhound to me would be the ultimate lapdog!!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by monkeydonkey View Post
So glad you enjoyed it. I also want an italian greyhound but went for whippets as they are bigger i was worried about indi and wizard squashing one!!! Its a dream though....one day!! Don't get me wrong whippets are amazing pets and very much lapdogs but an italian greyhound to me would be the ultimate lapdog!!

They are just stunning are'nt they. I really am head over heels but no way would i trust Phil round anything that small! They have such delicate little faces. Beautiful. I'd love a whippet too, Wish big Phil was'nt such an anti-dog kinda dog!
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by grommit View Post
They are just stunning are'nt they. I really am head over heels but no way would i trust Phil round anything that small! They have such delicate little faces. Beautiful. I'd love a whippet too, Wish big Phil was'nt such an anti-dog kinda dog!
Phil may suprise you, Indi isn't that friendly with other dogs when we are out she can even be a bit of a bully in the garden but much better in the house as long as she is the boss and the others know where they stand!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >