Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2018, 06:07 AM

Daily Thread, Monday,24th Septmber.

Good morning everyone. I trust you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle. I hope we are in for a better day today yesterday's weather was atrocious here. Not only cold but saturatingly wet. I got soaked each time I took Amber out and that was three times in all yesterday and as there was no let up in the rain had no alternative but to face it.

Have a good day today, wrap up warm, stay dry and above all keep safe. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2018, 07:32 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Wet here to yesterday to Moyra. Today a tad chilly but dry and bright sunshine.

Off later to do some window measuring at the bungalow we are hoping to buy them in ready so when we move we just have to put them up.
We want to spend some time in with Dillon to allow him to aclimatise to somewhere new.
This is the place he has lived the longest nearly 2 when we moved here and now nearly 7 and as they get older like us they take longer to adjust to new things well Dillon does.
Then a trial run to the vet to see what route the sat nav takes us and how long ? It is not far away from the garden centre where we meet Michael and Margaret so we are meeting later for coffee and cake.
Belated treat for Michael's birthday.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.

brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2018, 08:02 AM
Morning Moyra, Lynn and all to come. Oo exciting news Lynn. Do you have a date yet for moving? Hope you are very very happy there and Dillon. Would you mind showing us the bungalow again that you decided on. I could try to find it but it would take me ages. Thanks. Have a good day all. Sun is shining and a lovely bright sky. The weeks forecast for here is sun and warmish temperatures.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2018, 08:04 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Take care to keep as warm as possible Moyra

Hope trip to bungalow goes well and enjoy your visit to the garden centre Lynn. I take it all is quiet on the western front and things progressing nicely.

Sunny but cold here. Having quick coffee before tackling the cleaning of windows after a weekend of rain.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Good morning Brenda you snuck in there.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2018, 08:07 AM
Morning Sue, yep I did. Wanted to find out where Lynn is going for a surprise for her but didn't want to let the cat out of the bag. Oops done it now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2018, 09:07 AM
Morning all
Lol Brenda
I was surprised how well my old staffy adjusted to moving to my flat, she went from a 3storey house to a flat and from a family to just me lol
Moyra....I am sorry you got so wet yesterday, make sure you have a hot water bottle or something to warm you back up
Steve's dad sent him a friend request on F*ceb**k... Steve deleted it, he couldn't believe he got a message like that out of the blue, he said I wonder why he suddenly wants contact, I googled his dad's name and turns out his wife died the end of August....he chose her over Steve, now after 40years and rejecting him 3 times he thinks he can just get in touch. I told Steve I would be behind him whatever he chose and kept my opinion to myself until after he made his choice.... thankfully he doesn't want anything to do with the bloke... phew! I don't want him getting hurt again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2018, 09:22 AM
Here we go brenda.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-73867805.html
Sue things all quiet yes and apart for some answers to our questions all jogging along nicely. We know the answers but seeing as some others have been particularly picky we thought we would to.
Still no exchange of contracts yet so no moving date but I have a feeling unless something goes wrong we are not far off now.
griff fully understand your sentiments re: Steve's dad had similar here with Gorden then later his brother.
Some others in the family to they cannot be bothered to make contact cause all sorts of issues then it all turns round on us as if we are the bad guys.
I bite my tongue as much as possible but thank goodness Gorden feels the same.
When your brother blatantly ignores the family at their uncle's funeral and your dad is barely civil it shows how petty they are. To this day we do not understand why we always had his brothers corner when things kicked off between him and their dad after their mum dying.
We did lose touch except for Christmas cards but a lot of that was their choice not ours I gave up trying to set up a date for the children to get together and us to.
For some reason we are the ones in the wrong.
Not worth bothering about and you toughen up in the end.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2018, 09:39 AM
Yes Lynn... there's other family members too, I am just relieved he doesn't want to get in contact, I thought his dad had been in touch a few months back but it must have been somebody else. Steve's attitude is he has managed this long on his own and has no interest at all. We spoke for an hour the other night about it....it wouldn't benefit Steve at all
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-09-2018, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
now after 40years and rejecting him 3 times he thinks he can just get in touch.

Like we said the other day, the stupidity of some humans is beyond belief. Nothing more I can say
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >