Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2018, 06:52 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 21st September.

Good morning one and all. I hope you and your four legged friends are all in good health.

Have a good day all, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2018, 07:22 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.

Lovely sunny but blustery day here after a very wet one yesterday and an awful windy night. Fences stayed put though so that's good.
Hope everyone else fared as well.

Harvey the indemnity insurance is because we never had a buildings reg letter. In the unlikely case of the council popping round for a cuppa and asking for it and it can't be produced so they can order it removed with indemnity insurance they can't.
So it basically insures you against that. It is very cheap but the admin charge is the killer. £18 for the policy £45+vat for the solicitor to set it up and after much shopping around couldn't do it much cheaper ourselves as everyone whacks on the admin charge.
We will pay this one as we refused to pay the flying/creeping freehold one. This one has cost us more though.

So much stuff but likewise we are doing the same with the bungalow. Hopefully wrong box ticked regards being sold with freehold they have ticked no. Needs looking at, Gordens name spelt with o not an e needs changing checking about electric and gas safety certificates as we were under the impression both had been done and no certs so more time wasting and delays but all worth it in the end.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2018, 08:01 AM
Morning Moyra and Lynn and all to follow on. Bright sunny day here but a little windy but not that bad. All fences stayed put. The rain though in the wee small all hours of the morning was horrendous and woke me up. Never mind, all dry here now. Hope you all have a good day. Lynn what is an indemnity insurance for?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2018, 08:48 AM
When they moved the bathroom upstairs they didn't have building regs sign it off so if anything happens or you like us are selling the indemnity insurance covers the lack of the proper building regulations.
Same with the boiler we never had the buildings regulations letter we should have from the installer so we need the indemnity insurance to cover that. If the council for any unlikely reason decide to visit they cannot order it taken out same with bathroom they cannot order it removed.
They can cover many things. Ours are needed re: the bathroom and boiler.

Here's a link to help.
https://www.moneywise.co.uk/insuranc...nity-insurance
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2018, 09:21 AM
Worth the money then Lynn
Morning all,very chilly here, out for lunch so I am going with jumper, skirt, tights and knee high boots! Bring back summer
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2018, 12:02 PM
Good afternoon all.

A very blustery and cool day here too. However, we did risk Rosie's walk across the park despite seeing a couple of large branches down and risking being bombed by conkers .

Surprising how many are still out in teeshirts. For me it was a jumper and a fleece and I still wasn't overly warm (and I tend to overheat easily). Ah well, the are at the seaside so just have to go out in teeshirt and shorts even when it snows
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2018, 01:14 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Yes Lynn it is definitely worth taking it out for your own peace of mind. Why does everything take so long and with so many mistakes. The one you are buying is a refurbishment so they should have everything in place and ready to hand over. Do hope there are no hiccups.

Hope you enjoyed your lunch Griff

Very windy overnight and obviously had rain but slept through it all Been out to Bateman's for a stroll round and we also needed our fleeces on. Wind is now getting up again so fingers crossed we get no damage.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2018, 02:43 PM
Afternoon griff, Chris and Sue.
Emailed solicitor with our questions, signed the contracts dropped the report in that was delivered here for Dale to forward on and they will send over the contract to solicitor for us.

Yes Sue you would think it be straightforward wouldn't you.

Windy here still and like others say chilly to.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-09-2018, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
When they moved the bathroom upstairs they didn't have building regs sign it off so if anything happens or you like us are selling the indemnity insurance covers the lack of the proper building regulations.
Same with the boiler we never had the buildings regulations letter we should have from the installer so we need the indemnity insurance to cover that. If the council for any unlikely reason decide to visit they cannot order it taken out same with bathroom they cannot order it removed.
They can cover many things. Ours are needed re: the bathroom and boiler.

Here's a link to help.
https://www.moneywise.co.uk/insuranc...nity-insurance

Thank you Lynn for explaining in detail The bathroom I can (sort of) understand but I never would have thought that the boiler would be subject to building control. This must be a fairly recent thing because when we sold our place in Grt. Barton in 2003 we had a new boiler fitted some 5 years prior and no one said anything about it. If my memory is correct we didn't have anything from the council building control people either.

Where will it all end Maybe in 10 or 20 years time (when selling your house) you'll need a 'Building Control' letter if you change a fridge, or washing machine, or maybe even a light bulb
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Emailed solicitor with our questions, signed the contracts dropped the report in that was delivered here for Dale to forward on and they will send over the contract to solicitor for us.

Like I said recently, so much red tape and seemingly never ending paperwork. No wonder our council tax bills keep going up by far more than inflation

Yes, staying put here, I just don't think I could psych myself up for all this, I would end up punching someone
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >