Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2018, 06:50 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 13th September

Good morning all. I trust you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle.

Lynn, seems a right mess one way and another.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all things safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2018, 07:07 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you are feeling ok Moyra

Is it today you are having the survey done - if so hope all goes well.

Lovely morning here but a tad on the chilly side. Had a nice long walk with Teazle and washing is out on the line. Might pop out to a garden centre this morning and whilst out that way go into Matalan as I need new jeans.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2018, 08:02 AM
Morning all
Good luck with the survey
Not even up yet... and I am bored!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2018, 08:26 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and griff and all to follow.

Yes survey thingy being done today and still have steam coming out of my ears about their little stunt.

Feeling totally peed off about it all and at this point if it fails on anything and they want a reduction in price it will give us a good excuse to pull the plug for now on the whole debacle.

Enjoy your trip to the garden centre and matalan Sue. I better get on with some tidying.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2018, 09:30 AM
Lynn, after all the work you have done, I think the survey will be a pass. As for their little stunt... well, they will have to live in a place where they have got off on completely the wrong foot
Gosh, I haven't been to Matalan for ages...our nearest one is across a really really busy road and I dare not risk it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2018, 12:03 PM
Me neither griff our nearest one is Kings Lynn. Use to love popping into the one in Harlow when we lived there.

Well guy turned up very nice to. Asked how long we had lived here and what had we done. Not interested in the boiler or windows but if we had done or had done any building work.
Tapped the walls measured the thickness of the walls by the window checked upstairs and took some photos from outside from the back. Might of done some from the front before he knocked but didn't see.
He sat down while filling out a form asked if we had insurance. Then said not much to say so i asked if that is good or bad he said good.
Him and his friend design houses but survey to he said it was a condition report and they look for cracks and splits and ours doesn't have any it looks in good condition and he was here 1/2 an hour. Online it says £450 upwards for one of these reports.
I still wonder if they might find something to haggle over though after yesterday I wouldn't put it past them.
At least if it all goes pear shaped thanks to them we know our house is in reasonable condition.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Fantastic way to look at it Lynn! Bet they will be gutted there's nothing to complain about lol.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2018, 12:47 PM
I have a feeling they might ind something. Gorden feels if anything pointing the chimney. Might come up with the roof although personally I can't see why. Seems to be a thing they do and he has taken photos.
Oh well another wait.

Just did an online quote for insurance for the bungalow no problems loads of companies quoting and the cheapest around £145.00 so obviously no worries about flooding.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-09-2018, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Feeling totally peed off about it all

Hi Lynn, yes I would be angry as well.

So today I learned something - that people can put in an objection to a planning application from anywhere, I never realised that. I always thought you had to live in the vicinity of a property in order to make an objection.

I don't know what your buyer is playing at but like you say it may be a tactic to get the price reduced. Don't give way on this.

Villages are often a close knit community, we have one family in our village who have descendants going back 500 years. A nearby village is said to be one of the ten oldest in the country.

Your buyers are not going about things in the right way by doing what they have done and I would have thought they would at least talk to you before putting in an objection.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2018, 01:05 PM
Oh Lynn, that is positive about the bungalow. Maybe they take photos to cover their bums...if you are saying something is sound, I guess a photo at the time of survey would be a good thing
Just managed to find a seatbelt stalk for my dad's car...I can use it fine but it won't pass an mot and that's due soon so, hopefully it will arrive Monday and I will be able to get it fitted quickly
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >