Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2018, 07:00 AM

Wednesday, 12th September.

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle, Doesn't look very nice out there and not very warm either.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2018, 07:06 AM
Morning Moyra, yep...dull grey and damp here too. Woken to the sound of deags being sick..... lovely
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2018, 07:18 AM
Morning Moyra and Griff and all to follow. Hope Deags will be ok. Has she been eating grass again? Moyra now is the time to get some soup in the cupboard so that when it gets really chilly you can have some soup and a bread roll to warm you up. You can guess from that, that that, is what I have ordered on my next Tesco shop. hm so many that's. bg!! Tyto I think is getting ready for winter as he is asleep again. Sensible dog. I remember reading a book a long time ago by John Cree and he said why do we make dogs go out in the bad weather when we don't want to. Especially if they are curled up asleep. Dogs are definitely more sensible than us me thinks. Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2018, 07:35 AM
Morning Brenda...nope, no grass but I forgot to give her her probiotic yesterday!
I make my own soup,I am a bit funny about salt so like to do my own, I just chuck veggies in, water,pepper and if I am feeling naughty a low salt stock cube, blend the lot up and yummy! Only problem is....I will eat the lot
I could do with doing a Tyto and going back to sleep!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2018, 09:04 AM
Good morning Moyra, Griff, Brenda and all who follow

Hope Deags is better now

I agree Brenda dogs do have the right idea it is just us feeing guilty if we dont take them out

Been out with Teazle but it started to rain again whilst out and has been drizzling ever since. Nothing planned today as have dentist for us both at lunch time - just a check up.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Afternoon Moyra, brenda, griff, Sue and all who follow.
Been a dull morning here but dry.

Hope Deags is feeling better griff.
Sue hope check ups go well.
brenda Dillon is winding down for winter.

We have always worked on the opinion if Dillon doesn't want to go for a walk we don't go. Him having bad joints helps us feel better about it as you can feel guilty for not taking them out. We work on the assumption he knows how he feels so we are guided by him.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We work on the assumption he knows how he feels so we are guided by him.

Nothing wrong with that, Dillon is obviously a lot brighter than our Casey

Casey has bad back legs also but every day around mid day he is ready to go and starts getting excited.

The thing which makes me laugh is that he rushes to the car but he can't get in straight away, he just stands there thinking "How am I going to get up into the car"

So I have to stand there (like a lemon ) he does eventually work out how to get his front legs up and I give him a push on his bum to make the back bit go in easier
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2018, 01:40 PM
My problem is I am guided by Tyto as to whether he wants to go for a walk as he always seems up for one but half way round our small green he starts to lag and then gets slower going home. Now is this because he doesn't want to go home, in which case do I chance a longer walk, or is he saying nope can't do even that small wander even though the mind is willing? Very sad. I suppose it is because I have no others now to take the edge off of watching him all the time. He is my constant companion where as before I had at least three or four others to take care of. Now wondering if I should really be going on this holiday. Only time will tell. 5 more weeks before we go away. Have a good afternoon everyone. Enjoy your dogs while you can.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2018, 02:24 PM
Brenda, go on the holiday!! Take Tyto but if he can only manage a little wonder for a wee then so be it! My old dog Diesel was 13 when I lost her, she used to walk just round to the corner... it's literally 1minute with a young dog, it used to take us 30mins there and back, she always wanted to go and actually, my vet is in the same boat, his old girl is 16 and he says it takes him about the same to do the same distance, he just said if she wants to go have a sniff, he will take her, if not it won't harm them not to go. I would take Tyto and I guess he's a good lad and not destructive when left? Just settle him down before you head off where you are going for a few hours.
Lol Harvey...Casey sounds so funny
I am so bored!! I have cleaned the kitchen tiles!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Oh dear Casey needs a lift Harvey.
brenda I would go just gauge Tyto our vet is also the same if all they want is a wander round the garden as long as everything else is good with them then go with it.

I am fuming. I was on the phone and our neighbour Gordon knocked asking did I know the people buying the house have objected on the council website.
I had no idea we discussed what had been going on that at the moment the plans were dormant as the pub had pulled out but there was always the hope at some point they might get back on board. If they do it is dead in the water now if whoever lives here won't sell.
We and our neighbours knew it might be the new people might not want to sell the strip of garden but we had hoped they might at least go talk to Gordon and at least look at the plans. But no no contracts exchanged even
and they are publicly on a planning website objecting.
Been down to speak to Gordon properly.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >