Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2018, 06:36 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 10th September.

Good morning everyone, I hope you and your four legged friends are all in good fettle.

Have a good day, none too bright at the moment, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2018, 07:24 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Gorden on his way to London for the week and boiler man due around 10 to do the service for the year.

griff don't get carried away being in charge of the cement mixer today.
Chris sorry to hear Gary had a fit while out with family. must be so upsetting for you especially those that are not around as much as yourselves.
Don't think it's to do with us not finding anywhere Chris this has been rumbling since we made the offer and instructed our solicitor to move forward. We kept getting calls from agent they are having a survey done did you have one done ? think they were hoping we had and that they could read it. We didn't and that is how it ha been till Friday when they have eventually made up their mind.
Sue hope your enjoying the rest from decorating.

Barry we have done the paperwork for what is being left and what's not that's paperwork from the solicitor.
The homebuyer report is one up from the condition report (survey). not sure which one they are having done either takes about an hour which makes sense now whereas the structural survey agent said it was didn't make sense re: time advised surveyor will be here.
So either the homebuyer or condition report point out to them on a traffic light system the condition of electrics, and things like that and also future possible problems the house may encounter damp and possible the state of the roof.
It will give them leeway depending on if any problems and what they might be to negotiate the price. Our response to that will depend on what it is and the negotiation price they will be putting forward if any.
Potential problems in the future is a grey area like buying a second hand car that can happen to any house you buy.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2018, 08:48 AM
Morning Moyra and Lynn and all to follow. This will give you a laugh. I ordered some of these non slip dog socks for Tyto my Border Collie. And didn't realise that the measurements were in mm so when they arrived this morning I opened the package only to find that they would have difficulty fitting a chihuahua.bg!! Don't think I can be bothered to try again. Just keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't have to much difficulty walking on the wooden floor. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2018, 10:07 AM
morning brenda. That sounds like the sort of thing I do.

Boiler man been service done. Wait for the paperwork, send to solicitor and pay the bill.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2018, 12:14 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Oh dear Brenda it is so easy to do. I expect Tyto will be ok on the floor.

Lynn even if you had had a survey done a) it is your private business and b) it would be out of date as, like you say, things can changed in the time lapse. I cannot understand what is going on as they have already paid out a lot of money and to expect you to reduce the price would be out of order IMO. It has not taken that long to get everything together as some sales/purchases can take months.

Lovely day here. Washing dried and ironed, monthly shop done and stowed away and also been into the village to sort out some finances. Now having a coffee before taking her ladyship out again and to post a letter for Barry.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2018, 12:43 PM
Afternoon Sue. Enjoy your second walk not sure where you have got the energy from ?

Baffled here to cautious first time buyers as yourself and lots of others have said. I think when they went back and spoke to friends and colleagues about the house and it's age people have taken a sharp intake of breath and advised them of all sorts. Probably scared them a little.
Good job they didn't buy it how we did that would scare you. At least we have done everything mostly and can sell with a clear conscience hence why it has taken 5 years to market.
Even now I am jittery about leaving a macerator toilet even though there is a second bathroom now which functions perfectly well and on the soil stack.
Macerator bathroom works fine to after all the work we did and replacing macerator and poor Gorden spending a weekend in the loft cleaning out the pipes that previous owner had managed to block with wipes certainly not for the faint hearted.
I did tell the agent who valued it and the agents that sold the property so if it comes a surprise not down to us I don't think. So even if they get a power cut they can use a toilet that will flush.

Hey ho we shall see they will either get a good report or not won't they ? Depends how many red lights they get indicating urgent jobs need sorting now or hopefully mostly green ones and amber ones which will most likely be the sort of jobs you are going to face in the not to distant future.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2018, 02:45 PM
Hahahaha Brenda, done that myself before now
Lynn, I find the whole thing a little odd, especially them expecting you to pay for stuff... especially as it's such a small amount....I don't know how it works,if you pull out do you have to refund the money they have spent so far?? If so, I wonder is that their idea?
Chris, sincerely hope Gary is doing o.k today and that your family get over the shock quickly.
Not been playing with the cement mixer today...dad was fine on his own, had my blood test, will grab the results tomorrow
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2018, 03:19 PM
Hope the results are good griff. No do not have to refund anything no exchange of contracts yet and if they had been think it is the ones who pull out who can be sued.
We would each lose what we have each paid to solicitors at this point.
Solicitor has informed their solicitor today that we have said no to paying the indemnity insurance.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2018, 03:52 PM
Good for you...I don't understand why on earth they think you should pay it anyway
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2018, 03:59 PM
Gorden's response to if they want to negotiate down is it's just gone up.
My brother who we met up with at the weekend said if you start negotiating and agreeing to money off they can play that game on the day you are meant to move so his advice is to say no and if they really want it they will pay for it and if not they lose the house.
I will be upset though if we lose the bungalow.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >