Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2018, 07:18 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday 9th September

Good morning one and all. Hope you and all your four legged friends are well.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you don't feel so cold today Griff.

Hope all are ell

Another nice day today. Will be taking it easier today after three days of decorating. Leaving son to put the door furniture back and also to paint the bit of wall that the plaster came off as we had to refill a bit yesterday. Then he will be finished Have to walk neighbour's little dog but he is no trouble

Have a good day and stay safe
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2018, 08:15 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.

Funny weather rained a lot yesterday and overnight bit dull today then the sun comes out.
Dillon only wanted a short walk this morning think his joints are feeling the autumnal weather.

We have a list of little snagging jobs that need doing before moving which we were going to start today but after Friday's phone call have decided not to start today as neither of us feel inclined or confident that we will be moving. So that will mean much bigger jobs to be doing over the winter but if all goes ahead there is only a couple of days work to be done. The bigger jobs we do will be because we will be choosing to stay possibly and we will make some major changes nothing big that actually needs doing.
They will be our choices to do them.
So we will probably pop out somewhere later for a mooch about.

Sue enjoy your walk with the little dog and yes you do need a rest.
Moyra hope you are feeling better and that Amber is ok.

Hope everyone else and all four legged friends are well to.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-09-2018, 11:56 AM
Hi Lynn and all

Gosh, it does seem that the whole business of house moving has become more complicated. I am still keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you Try not to worry too much about the survey, your buyer just being careful, what could the surveyor say that would put them off If he only takes an hour he's not going to be digging down under the foundations is he haha.

Will pop back this evening, enjoy your Sunday one and all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2018, 12:14 PM
Got my knickers in a real twist Harvey. I think this is all becoming so personal given what we bought and what we are now selling. I said to Gorden if today had been Monday I think i would of rung agent and told them to tell our buyers where to go.

Gorden has found something called a home condition report which takes around an hour and points some already or possible potential problems. Still means they may be looking for a reduction in price.
Depending on the amount they might want reduced we might be telling them to take a hike.
I think I am also annoyed that we were worrying and stressing ourselves out and made ourselves ill trying to find somewhere to live and they have left this till almost the last minute.
If I had known this I would've said we are taking a two week holiday so tuff luck.
I'm going to try very hard to stop trying to please others in the future and worry about myself more.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2018, 03:38 PM
Lynn...glass of wine called for xx
Hi all, busy busy here, trying to take advantage of a dry day, got half the stone circle laid....I was in charge of turning the cement mixer on and off.... oh the power Lol. Dad's done really well today
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Ha ha griff we popped out to a place called mega plants cheap plants in a nursery in a village nearby then stopped off at a pub for a drink, then home to finish off the alpeniri from Aldi and then prosecco. Sat in the garden.
Feeling a little more relaxed but still smarting a bit. thin I will be till I know what we are jumping.

Oooh the responsibility hope it hasn't gone to your head.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-09-2018, 07:13 PM
a home condition report is fairly standard now if if asks what is being left and what is being taken, even down to light fittings and door knobs. it is just another bit of paper to give someone some work to justify their charges. We had one to fill out when we moved. That is among all the other reports they ask for such as with energy -heat loss -chimney cleaned- window and if your taking your granny who is 110 years old with you .
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2018, 07:15 PM
Good evening all.

Lynn, they may have left it until now because they were unsure whether you would find somewhere and didn't want to spend money on a survey for the house when you might pull the plug. I too think they are just cautious buyers.

Exhausting day out. A long story, but Gary ended up coming with me today to meet my sister and daughter on their day trip. All went well until 3 pm when he had a fit. He wouldn't go home, but the rest of the afternoon was less than enjoyable. Ah well, at least we got four hours of good before the bad. Needless to say, my sister and daughter were very upset by it all. My daughter has only witnessed it once before and it was a first for my sister who is now blaming herself for coming over.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Gorden has found something called a home condition report which takes around an hour and points some already or possible potential problems.

As Barry has said this might just be listing what is staying and what is going. I always thought that if it was screwed down it had to stay when we bought this place the lady left a lot of stuff which she could have taken some of which we are still using e.g a very nice kitchen table & six saddle back chairs.

Still hope it goes your way and like you say trying to please everyone is hard and sometimes no one thanks you for it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >