Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 11:30 AM

Obedience Video, Mav training at 19months

Made this today, did crap videoing in tiny garden again. its quite funky though. hope you like!!!

if you left click on pic you should go straight there, if you right click wyou should be able to open as a new link
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2008, 12:41 PM
It's fabulous! You both are, well done. His heelwork is gorgeous, so consistent. I loved the pictures throughout too.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by AliceandDogs View Post
It's fabulous! You both are, well done. His heelwork is gorgeous, so consistent. I loved the pictures throughout too.

Oh thank you! i was going to do scent too but it started raining. I really need a proper vid camera(that was done on a digi still sat on a bit of wood!) Id like to get some of his rounds videod really this season
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Oh please do, where is he up to?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 01:30 PM
hes won out of Novice & has already had places in A & B, im HOPING he "may" be out of them both by the end of the season, but hes still very much a baby so no probs if hes not, im a believer in "they will win out when they are ready"
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Excellent.

as an aside, many years ago I was watching a BC at Crufts that made me think "why can't I do that with my dog? She's smart too!" and that was when I started training my first jack russell. She lapped it up.

Did you go to classes with Mav, or is there a training book devoted to collies to which you refer ?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Excellent.

as an aside, many years ago I was watching a BC at Crufts that made me think "why can't I do that with my dog? She's smart too!" and that was when I started training my first jack russell. She lapped it up.

Did you go to classes with Mav, or is there a training book devoted to collies to which you refer ?

I go to Pat Watson for taining, Shes AMAZING, so insipational. i go to a group about once a month in the winter which last all day & private lessons about once a month in the summer

I belong to a Club (GSD of wales but dont have lessons there though we use the club to train), i also trained/belonged to Burnham on sea club , when i lived in Somerest,

Ive got lots of Books & go on the odd course in the winter to "cherry pic" ideas & to have some fresh eyes on the dogs,

Thanks for your nice comments

Any breed can do obedience, there are some AMAZING Jack russell competing at the moment!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 02:39 PM
I too believe any breed can do obedience ( or any type of training). I think dog training mostly is the same as so many things in life - you get out what you put in.
You and Mav have obviously put in a great deal
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 02:42 PM
thankyou!!!!
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2008, 02:51 PM
please tell me how you get mav to lean into u like the its wicked
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >