would like to know is why did you choose a dog
instead of a cat?, for me it was simple I don't like
cats end of story.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-09-2008, 06:30 PM
We've got both.

We got a cat when we were unable to have a dog. We then got another, another and another. We ended up with 5 cats before we were finally
able to have a dog. We've now got 3 dogs and still have four of the cats.

I prefer dogs but on the quiet I do admire cats.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2008, 06:35 PM
When we lived in a house we had both, 5 cats and 3 dogs since we have been in a flat it didn't seem fair to have cats as they would have no access to the outdoors, so dogs is what we have had.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2008, 06:36 PM
I have & love both equally. My cats are real characters just like my dogs & I have managed to clicker train my Tom, Reginald, He's a real clown !
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I have both, and love both
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2008, 07:13 PM
I will probably ALWAYS now have more cats than Dog, I absolutely adore their independance, their sleekness, their charisma and character, Dogs NEED people, cats dont, I like that in them. So for me, I havent chose Dogs instead of Cats, and Cally, there are a few dogs I dont like!
scruffydog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2008, 07:23 PM
i have both cats and dogs, but since my allergies have got worse we have decided that we will not get any more cats once ours have gone.
but i could never be without a dog
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2008, 07:43 PM
im allergic to cat - simple lol!

only found that out when i got akitten

but i would never have a cat over a dog anyhow! love my dogs too much!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2008, 07:46 PM
I grew up with several cats and one dog called Jake. The cats were mostly all strays/rescues apart from two. These two were a female lilac point Siamese and a male blue point Siamese.

Ziggy died at age 6 of a brain tumour when I was 8 and Blue was 5 when he died of cancer of the lymph glands when I was 16. Both are buried in my grandfather's garden, along with many of the other cats over the years including Kismet, Kit and Henry.

We found Kismet dead on the side of the road. Kismet was already a good age when we rescued him from a poor state under a hut in an empty house. He was then pts a few years later because he had feline HIV, which meant we couldn't bury him in the garden.

We took on a rescue cat called Zoe when I was 6. We didn't know she was expecting kittens at the time and found her about a week after we got her in one of my drawers with 3 of her kittens and watched the last of 4 come out, poor thing. We lost Zoe a few years after that. Three of the kittens went to family members ad friends, and we kept an all black one and called him Cheeko, and we lost him 2 years ago aged 15. He was a lovely boy and holds a special place in my heart.

My grandparents are now let with Flossy the Flousey who I found as a kitten on new years day in 2000, so she is now 8. I was out riding my bike at the time when I spotted her as a young kitten on our her own in a grassy area beside garages. I picked her up, took her home and shoved her in the kitchen window which was open at the back of the house! Then I went in the front door and said "look, there's a wee kitten in the kitchen!" and they said "oh, did it shut the window behind it!".

We took her back to see if she would go home, obviously she didn't and jumped straight back in the car so that was that really! Nobody in the area had reported a kitten missing and we think she is part ferral (or satans relative) as she can be an evil wee bitch!

Molly was brought up with Flossy who put Molly in her place right away! They are now good friends and play together on the stairs when Molly visits. We know the game's a bogey when Flossy retreats to the top of the wardrobe or dining room table where Molly can't get to her! It's really funny.

Molly also uses her as a cushion when they snooze together.

So, I like cats and think I'll always like them.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Allergic to cats and prefer walking a dog!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »