Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-12-2017, 09:49 PM

Barking

To those of you who have read some of my posts, thank you.
I have mentioned that he, Max, is a real gentleman when we go for a stroll. Sociable with other dogs and people, especially children. Given that we live near a school and playgrounds, that is a useful/comforting attribute. Rarely barks or even growls.

But the other evening on our way home in the gathering dusk, he gave a snowman a suspicious look.New experience for him. Barked at it, stalked it, eventually decided it wasn't a threat, went up to it and peed on it.

Amused me..........

The other barking incident was yesterday. We were having something delivered and we think the barking was because he heard the back gate being rattled by the delivery man. It's a different kind of bark - deep throated, defensive I think. I can't fault him for warning of what he may have thought was a potential intrusion.

By the time I got to the back gate, the delivery guy had made his drop at the front. We do much of our shopping on line and he is alert to unusual sounds but he is always very good with the delivery guys and he loves our postie.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2017, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
To those of you who have read some of my posts, thank you.
I have mentioned that he, Max, is a real gentleman when we go for a stroll. Sociable with other dogs and people, especially children. Given that we live near a school and playgrounds, that is a useful/comforting attribute. Rarely barks or even growls.

But the other evening, he gave a snowman a suspicious look. Barked at it, stalked it, eventually decided it wasn't a threat, went up to it and peed on it.

Amused me..........
And me..............
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
he gave a snowman a suspicious look. Barked at it, stalked it, eventually decided it wasn't a threat, went up to it and peed on it.

:
....and melted it too then probably
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-12-2017, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
....and melted it too then probably
Some I suppose but, actually, not a lot.
Learning curve...........
There were several others and he just ignored them.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2018, 05:50 PM
Furry tail....
Today we did a long walk and I intended to stop by our local convenience store. We were getting close and that's normally put his lead on. Road crossing, traffic and caution........
"Max, lead."
He stops and waits. No problem.

Today was different. He scampered all over the park. I caught up with him and went to put his lead on............but no collar. My dear wife had taken it off to put on his flea drops.

I guess he knew he had no collar and made a game of it. No other explanation for the unusual antics.......he continues to surprise me.......