Female 

25-12-2012, 11:15 AM

A good Christmas cry

Anyone else have one or is it just me?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi Mutty I guess a lot of people do. I dare not let myself dwell on the past or I would cry too.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Used to every year; the worst was the years I used to go to these events for the alone etc..YOU know!.I know they meant so well.. But the loneliness when you got back home was the worst feeling ever and I see the Christmas things for the homeless etc and wonder how they will feel tomorrow. And know that if we help them it must be an ongoing and regular thing not one day then back to the streets and cold.

I stopped going and accepted and embraced my situation and started giving to others in the weeks before..yesterday I had one bad moment and knew it was because I was ill and overtired and just closed everything down and rested and now I am happy who I am and where I am.

The past can be a rod or a comfort and it is up to us what hold we let it have on us. I made my choice and understand so much more now. And can and do forgive

Maybe it is easier for me as my childhood Christmasses were always fragmented but then I stopped seeking what the world seeks at these times and that was a healing.

But a good weep is healthy ! it is OK to cry it really is..
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-12-2012, 12:34 PM
I did last night, because I remember wrapping the prezzies for the boys and putting them round the tree, getting the turkey ready, going for my Christmas Day ride, all gone and in the past, boys say they have happy memories of Christmas and am so glad they have, they don't stay kids for long really, have lovely memories of past Christmas Days. Very very glad I'm released from cooking Christmas Dinner at long last and having a lazy day to myself.
It has stopped raining now, so am going to get girls out for a walk as they missed out yesterday with the weather being so bad.
Hope you are feeling better soon Lynn.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I did last night, because I remember wrapping the prezzies for the boys and putting them round the tree, getting the turkey ready, going for my Christmas Day ride, all gone and in the past, boys say they have happy memories of Christmas and am so glad they have, they don't stay kids for long really, have lovely memories of past Christmas Days. Very very glad I'm released from cooking Christmas Dinner at long last and having a lazy day to myself.
It has stopped raining now, so am going to get girls out for a walk as they missed out yesterday with the weather being so bad.
Hope you are feeling better soon Lynn.
Hi June that's the trouble with Christmas when you get older , too many memories and it can be very painful .
I don't miss having to cook the Christmas dinner though
I hope you have a good day with your girls.

I see you are in Bolton, one of my strongest memories of Christmas past is showing dogs at Bolton Show on New Years day . It was always freezing cold and they served mulled wine and we had a flask of brandy. Those were the days...
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Aw, that's really sad. Don't cry However sad you are feeling think there is always someone worse off than you.

If I thought of all the absent people who should be here on Christmas Day I would be in a heap.

Try and think of the positives. Christmas Day is only ONE day - shove the TV on and before you know it it will be another day, another start, fresh hope
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi June that's the trouble with Christmas when you get older , too many memories and it can be very painful .
I don't miss having to cook the Christmas dinner though
I hope you have a good day with your girls.

I see you are in Bolton, one of my strongest memories of Christmas past is showing dogs at Bolton Show on New Years day . It was always freezing cold and they served mulled wine and we had a flask of brandy. Those were the days...
Not sure why; that was then and now is now. and now is good too. These too are the days, just different is all
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2012, 02:28 PM
For the run up to Christmas I hate the TV ads showing these wonderful happy families all sitting around a table laughing and the table is covered in enough food to feed a city

I think it is actually offensive for all the people who live on their own or don't have any family.For all of us with family Christmas is the one time of year when you get to spend time with all the relatives you can't stand and exchange gifts with people you'd never normally exchange gifts with but worse of all play games with them

For all of you alone this Christmas, think of the massive rows that are taking place, threats of divorce and total lack of cheer in many a household

You can eat when you like and what you like, watch what you like and nobody will moan because you are spending too much attention on the dog.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
For the run up to Christmas I hate the TV ads showing these wonderful happy families all sitting around a table laughing and the table is covered in enough food to feed a city

I think it is actually offensive for all the people who live on their own or don't have any family.For all of us with family Christmas is the one time of year when you get to spend time with all the relatives you can't stand and exchange gifts with people you'd never normally exchange gifts with but worse of all play games with them

For all of you alone this Christmas, think of the massive rows that are taking place, threats of divorce and total lack of cheer in many a household

You can eat when you like and what you like, watch what you like and nobody will moan because you are spending too much attention on the dog.
Ditched the TV decades ago and never a regret..

Being alone is a celebration for its own sake not by contrast with others.... I choose it deliberately each year. It is not unhealthy etc or peculiar. If you are not happy with yourself, how can you be haoy with anyone else ...

But the years when families invited me, as a stranger , were stressful for everyone indeed. Obligation not love.

Christmas is for every day, being loving each day of the year, giving each day of the year,not this great commercial materialistic hype. The false hail fellow well me and then thank goodness THAT is over!

Not what it is about at all, at all!

Today here is just that; today. A rest and a break. Prayer and carols... No hype etc. Am too ill anyways! The M.E gives a false 24 hour break after over exertion so has hit today as I knew it would. So I was able to give knowing this would be so.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Yeah Jenny, once you've had a couple of Christmases with an alcoholic you learn to dread it good memories apart from those few years, I've learned to leave the bad stuff behind where it belongs and just bring the good memories with me. I sooo miss my Christmas Day ride still
Bolton Show is in the summer now Mini, and Bolton has changed so very much in the past 20 or so years, many of the things I moved here for have gone for good. People are great though, one of the few places where I could go trying on ballgowns wearing my horse stuff and no one bothered