View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Suki49
New Member!
Female 

01-08-2017, 09:43 PM
I think the abuse is actually much more widespread in the "training" centers than by individuals and foster families. There is a real problem, a definite lack of sensitivity, in the mentality of "trainers," whose bottom line goal is to mold a living being into a tool. And that is exactly what the dogs used at the PD where I worked were called in private: "tools." Of course, when the cameras are on, and reporters are present, or at public events, the whole scenario changes 180 degrees. Suddenly, the "tools" become beloved "partners," and there is no mention of the cruelty inflicted on what the handlers dishonestly describe as their "fellow officers," behind the scenes. I have also found, through years of research and activism, that the media is largely complicit with this cover-up.
malwhit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-08-2017, 11:03 AM
I have only met a couple of guide dogs, in one case the dog and owner adore each other and work as a team. The other local guy treats his dog as a tool to get him from A-B, and even the other blind lady has said he does not deserve his dog. When you see them together (they are often at the station at the same time), one dog is wagging its tail and responds to its other whilst the other is almost robotic.

Maybe guide dogs should only go to dog lovers or at least those who like dogs. Just because you are blind doesn't necessarily make you a nice person and/or good dog owner.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6