View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-07-2008, 05:45 PM
She was responable(part) for carole thatcher, so on that basis no she should not be given a state funeral.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
She was responable(part) for carole thatcher, so on that basis no she should not be given a state funeral.
PMSL ...........but i bet someone will soon come along and disagree

or maybe not LOL
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
i guess it depends on where you lived at the time and how wealthy you were i can remember the council house sale thats about it really
i don't have any good Thatcher memories so my answer is NO and thats my opinion
Well I have to say that her allowing me to buy my council house when I was married to my first wife was the best thing that ever happened to me as it enabled me to become a property owner and get on the ladder.

The other thing that was personally a very good thing for me was that for six months while the strike was on I drove lorries with coal in them and made an absolute fortune.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Well I have to say that her allowing me to buy my council house when I was married to my first wife was the best thing that ever happened to me as it enabled me to become a property owner and get on the ladder.

The other thing that was personally a very good thing for me was that for six months while the strike was on I drove lorries with coal in them and made an absolute fortune.

Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 05:51 PM

fair enough then you have good memories of her time at number 10 ......most of the estate we lived on was sold and many folk did well as a result
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
youd have a party to celebrate someone dying - did she kill anyone?

Eh yes ask the families of the crew of the General Belgrano(all 323 of them) which was in international waters when Maggie ordered it to be sunk if she killed anyone !

As to her being the saviour of the UK Yer right Hubby made a killing from privatisation of the utilities & she spent £1,000,000 of taxpayers money looking for her deadhead son in the desert !
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
ROFLMAO
So very very true
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Eh yes ask the families of the crew of the General Belgrano(all 323 of them) which was in international waters when Maggie ordered it to be sunk if she killed anyone !

Sorry to say but who cares about the crew of the General Belgrano, how many lives could this country of lost if it wasn't sunk.

Surely the death of those crewman should fall upon the Argentine military regime that ordered the invasion of the Falklands.
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-07-2008, 08:50 AM

hahaha
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post

As to her being the saviour of the UK Yer right Hubby made a killing from privatisation of the utilities & she spent £1,000,000 of taxpayers money looking for her deadhead son in the desert !
well that makes you no better than her then doesnt it basis your argument ?

As for the Belgrano going down - these things happen in a war - it was a retaliatory response and possibly saved as many british servicemens lives.

I think the act of aggression came from the Argentinians.

Tony Blair formulated many of the same arguments as you - then did turn arounds on half of them from privatisation to nuclear defense before lining his own wifes pockets by pushing through a reformed human rights bill that has screwed this country an its hard working people as much as anything Maggie did.
Page 3 of 33 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »