Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 04:27 PM

Why is there such a difference?

why is there such a difference in price between my two dogs for their insurance quote. i had go on AXA as i had been recomended it. i dont think the price is too much to be honest, but i just wondered why they are so different?

daphni is a female unspayed 3 year old.
asbo is a male unnuetered 10 month old.

daphnis price is £8.79 a month
asbos price is £13.69 a month

why is asbos £5 dearer.... ?
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Prices variy due to age and dog breed. If it's a breed that is prone to more health issues than another breed then the premium will be higher. For older dogs the premium is higher because they are at a higher risk of needing to make a claim.

Hope this helps.

Heidi
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Fliggle View Post
Prices variy due to age and dog breed. If it's a breed that is prone to more health issues than another breed then the premium will be higher. For older dogs the premium is higher because they are at a higher risk of needing to make a claim.

Hope this helps.

Heidi
must be age then as they are both the same breed. but daphni is the older of the two and hers is the cheaper one....
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Perhaps puppies tend to cost insurance companies a bit more? Chewing/swallowing things they shouldn't, poor recall resulting in accidents/dog fights, etc?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Perhaps puppies tend to cost insurance companies a bit more? Chewing/swallowing things they shouldn't, poor recall resulting in accidents/dog fights, etc?
well hes 10 months old this month, do you reckon it would drop when he reaches a year old?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 02:37 PM
You could try putting his age as 1 year for some quotes to see It's been ages since I've owned a puppy to know myself!
SRS Scotland
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-06-2011, 02:38 PM
think yourself lucky, Bruno at aged 10 is now £40 per month and he has preexisting conditions so cant change company, and i alsio have to pay a percentage of the claim on top of that cos he is 10 !!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 02:58 PM
well i just put it as a year, and it went down a bit, but i thought as well it asks how much your dog is worth, and asbo cost me double of what daphni did. could that have something to do with it?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
well i just put it as a year, and it went down a bit, but i thought as well it asks how much your dog is worth, and asbo cost me double of what daphni did. could that have something to do with it?
Try it with the same figure as Daphni and see if that has an effect too. Insurance companies pay out if the dog is lost or dies so "worth" (in terms of how much the dog cost/how much it would be to buy a dog of the same breed and age) could definately have an effect.
eyescrye
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Just out of interest,have a look at what happens if you put it that he has been nuetered??I wonder if that has any bearing,just a thought.