Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
He needs to turn his phone off or put it on silent then doesn't he. If he must then he could check it once an hour. If when he checks it he has a whole load of texts from her he might just realise how intrusive she is being.
Maybe her relationship isn't as great as she makes out if she's busy texting him all day and night. She's doing it because she gets a response and he has to realise that if he stops responding and being on call all day and night she might just find someone else to annoy. Can he really not see how intrusive it is?
I'd tell him I'm happy for you to be friends with her and you can go to lunch together every day and have the odd text but apart from that when you're with me, you're with me or else you're on your own mate. I'm your girlfriend and while I have no wish to intrude on your friendships, I won't take a back seat to them either. Shape up or ship out.

GREAT advise thank you!

Though I suspect I will be taking Jets route if things don't improve. I cry over this, I'm a grown woman for christs sake! But when im left home alone, with dogs that need walking.. with nothing but a dvd to keep me company it all gets too much. Especially when I've not planned anything because he and I made plans and then I get "replaced". Pretty soon it'll be dogs that need walking and a baby that needs feeding! I can't see it improving.

Quite honestly I used to be his best friend, and I feel replaced. We make plans and then She wants to go out so I take a back seat. If I complain he goes out of his way to prove a point.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Oh what a shame it appears that things are back to the same old, same old again Unfortunately sometimes a leopard does not change its spots.

It sounds to me as though whatever "relationship" he has with this woman is an inappropriate one. Of course, everyone has a right to be friends with who they wish, but it certainly appears that he cares more for this woman's feelings than for yours. You are carrying his child for god's sake. It isn't right.

So sorry not to have more positive advice, but if I were you I would be walking away and not looking back. xx
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Dalmonda View Post
Because that would be rude wouldn't it Only... he will turn his phone off when Im waiting for him at 2am when he said he'd be home at 11...

I honestly don't think he has it in him to Cheat..cheat. He is happy for me to read all his messages and I never saw anything "suspect" but its a little upsetting when she makes a comment about me and he answers with "lol" not "please don't talk about her like that"

I also can't see why this girls partner isn't complaining. Or perhaps she is.
Hmmmmmmm. I often don't manage to answer txts for a day at a time and none of my friends have ever claimed this to be rude!

This girl sounds like a fruitloop. This guy sounds like a word that will be blocked if i write it.

I'd be telling him, at the very least, that his phone is to be firmly switched off when he is with you.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Hmmmmmmm. I often don't manage to answer txts for a day at a time and none of my friends have ever claimed this to be rude!

This girl sounds like a fruitloop. This guy sounds like a word that will be blocked if i write it.

I'd be telling him, at the very least, that his phone is to be firmly switched off when he is with you.
Thank you
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Oh hell, what a rotten situation for you.

Have to say, I know the type, lived with one for ten years, mug that I was.
If you can manage on your own with baby, do it, he's obviously not committed to you, staying with him will only store up problems for the future.
Be kind to yourself and set yourself free.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:34 PM
GREAT advise thank you!

Though I suspect I will be taking Jets route if things don't improve. I cry over this, I'm a grown woman for christs sake! But when im left home alone, with dogs that need walking.. with nothing but a dvd to keep me company it all gets too much. Especially when I've not planned anything because he and I made plans and then I get "replaced". Pretty soon it'll be dogs that need walking and a baby that needs feeding! I can't see it improving.

Quite honestly I used to be his best friend, and I feel replaced. We make plans and then She wants to go out so I take a back seat. If I complain he goes out of his way to prove a point.
He makes plans with you then breaks them to see her?!

Dalmonda, it's horrible, it's gut wrenching, you break your heart, but do you still want to be dealing with this in a years time? Ten years time? There are a million guys out there who are dying to be able to treat their partners right,.please don't waste your life with one of the losers. You deserve so much more.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:36 PM
I can't believe you are putting up with this c*ap from some woman who seems to have more of your husband's attention than you do When somebody loves you, it's YOU they want to be with, YOU they have most concerns about, and YOU that takes priority over everyone else in their life, even their job, let alone their social circle, especially a member of the opposite sex.

Blimey, it would never have got this far if he were my husband I'm afraid, it's got far too out of hand, he thinks you're ok about it, but why??!!! He laughs WITH her about you, instead of taking your side??? I think you were far too nice to her to get your point across in my view, she needs a real stiff talking to from you, if your o/h is frightened of upsetting her, it doesn't matter if you do it surely? My husband has a particular friend, who's wife hates one of his friends, but she's made it quite clear he's not allowed to bring him back to theirs when she's around, and when she's not, he can do what he likes with his friend as long as it doesn't include her. He's now frightened of said wife, but this woman is taking the mick out of you isn't she, it's just not on imo.

It doesn't matter how much you upset HER really does it, coz it's not YOU she's interested in, she doesn't have to see you or mix with you, so go ahead, tell her to leave your husband alone when he's with YOU. It shouldn't upset him either, he should just accept that you don't like her and vice versa. As for going along to any of the social events why should YOU sit at home just because she doesn't want you to go? I'd be going just to get up her nose even if I didn't want to go, and that would be to EVERY single event where partners are invited, I'd invite meself if my husband didn't lol!

Toughen up, give her hell!
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
He makes plans with you then breaks them to see her?!

Dalmonda, it's horrible, it's gut wrenching, you break your heart, but do you still want to be dealing with this in a years time? Ten years time? There are a million guys out there who are dying to be able to treat their partners right,.please don't waste your life with one of the losers. You deserve so much more.
Yes, his reasoning is that I live with him. We can do whatever, whenever.

Something tells me you're right. I just don't want to admit it. I am lying to myself when people ask after us and I gush about how brilliant it is. As ridiculous as it is, it feels so hard to walk away after 4 years, 3 countries, 2 houses and a baby. That said, I am not happy. Their actions effect me EVERYDAY. Its not as if its once a week and I need to suck it up. I wake up and its like shes in the bed with us.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Yes, his reasoning is that I live with him. We can do whatever, whenever.

Something tells me you're right. I just don't want to admit it. I am lying to myself when people ask after us and I gush about how brilliant it is. As ridiculous as it is, it feels so hard to walk away after 4 years, 3 countries, 2 houses and a baby. That said, I am not happy. Their actions effect me EVERYDAY. Its not as if its once a week and I need to suck it up. I wake up and its like shes in the bed with us.
Oh my answer to that would have been fine get out then we ain't living together anymore!!!!

Im so sorry you are going through this. My world ended when we broke up. If you need to talk just pm me xxxx
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I can't believe you are putting up with this c*ap from some woman who seems to have more of your husband's attention than you do When somebody loves you, it's YOU they want to be with, YOU they have most concerns about, and YOU that takes priority over everyone else in their life, even their job, let alone their social circle, especially a member of the opposite sex.

Blimey, it would never have got this far if he were my husband I'm afraid, it's got far too out of hand, he thinks you're ok about it, but why??!!! He laughs WITH her about you, instead of taking your side??? I think you were far too nice to her to get your point across in my view, she needs a real stiff talking to from you, if your o/h is frightened of upsetting her, it doesn't matter if you do it surely? My husband has a particular friend, who's wife hates one of his friends, but she's made it quite clear he's not allowed to bring him back to theirs when she's around, and when she's not, he can do what he likes with his friend as long as it doesn't include her. He's now frightened of said wife, but this woman is taking the mick out of you isn't she, it's just not on imo.

It doesn't matter how much you upset HER really does it, coz it's not YOU she's interested in, she doesn't have to see you or mix with you, so go ahead, tell her to leave your husband alone when he's with YOU. It shouldn't upset him either, he should just accept that you don't like her and vice versa. As for going along to any of the social events why should YOU sit at home just because she doesn't want you to go? I'd be going just to get up her nose even if I didn't want to go, and that would be to EVERY single event where partners are invited, I'd invite meself if my husband didn't lol!

Toughen up, give her hell!
Tbh other people from the office have said as much. Its quite a tight knit team what with staff and their families. they do alot of social events. The boss now gives me personal invites via email, so they don't come( or not) through my partner. If I went to these events I am almost certain I would be on oneside of the room with friends and he'd be on the other with her. Thats what has stopped me just "turning up anyway".

I can see though, as the hormones get more and more out of control I will have her head on a block.
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »