Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 10:19 AM

Swimming

The other evening I was walking my dogs along the river bank, it was high tide (tidal river estuary) so the river was probably about 50m wide. A friend appeared with her dogs on the other side of the river so we chatted (shouted!) with the dogs looking excitedly across the river at each other.

Suddenly Barney threw himself into the water & swam the full width of the river, clambering out the other side, looking very pleased with himself (if a bit puffed) that he'd managed to get to the other side. My friend gave him lots of praise & a biscuit & I told her that if he didn't swim back she'd have another wet & smelly muttley in her car to deliver back to my house. Anyway after calling Barney, he got back in the river, after a brief hesitation, & swam all the way back to me.

I sometimes wonder why I bother paying all that money for hydrotherapy
loupoppins
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2010, 01:04 PM
aww bless him.
Bella swam for the first time the other day. For ages she has been hovering by the edge of the dyke...never going out of her depth,then the other day she just seemed to "get" it. after that there was no stopping her LOL
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 08:12 PM
oh, good barney

jake loves the water! he isnt quite sure about the swimming part though, so far he is just going in deep enough that he stands with his front legs, and his back ones float up and he looks like a frog