View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2004, 10:15 PM
My son saw a Monk too, as does my neighbours son.

The area that these houses are built on is a burial ground for the local monastery, which is a stones throw away.

It all depends in what you believe.
liberty
Dogsey Senior

10-06-2004, 10:21 PM
I firmly believe that dogs can see and sense things we can't....... but hey... the dead can't hurt you (possibly scare you senseless)....it's the 'living' you need to be concerend about

liberty
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Couldn't agree with you more Liberty
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2004, 02:18 AM
I lived in an apartment in a 200 year old Victorian house once and my cat would jump over a certain spot in the kitchen. She would never ever step in the section near the old wood burning stove (where they used to cook in the olden days). On occasion she would also hiss and growl near it. It was creepy

In my last house my dog Montana would start the same growling and barking act you describe Laura, in the living room too. It was usually at night when I was the only one in that section of the house and awake. It used to scare the heck out of me and after a while I would rarely be up alone I would frequently see things out the corner of my eye, but nothing would be there. My nephew told me he saw a blue man. My daughter said she woke up in the middle of the night to a little girl dressed in old fashioned clothing (from her descript.) The girl had black high boots, and puffy dirty dress on and looked really scared my daughter said. I have goosebumps as I'm writing this I told my aunt about it and she told me her house seemed occupied by "presences" when she moved there. Apparently her house was built on an old burial ground or something like that. She asked a neighbor if they had seen anything and she said she did too. They would see people outside in their backyards. The neighbor told my aunt that she said, "In the name of Jesus Christ be gone." and they went away. I tried this in my last house (I'm more into new age concepts than Jesus...) and it seemed to work for a while. I was desperate.

I believe like Azz that we have dimensions that haven't been discovered yet, like the 5th. If you read some of Einstein's theories, they corroborate this. That's where heaven must be. Try the "in the name of JC thing."

My great grandmother used to say what Liberty did, you should be more scared of the living than the dead, lol
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2004, 07:55 AM
Barbara, do you know the dimensions?

1st dimension: A line

2nd dimension: A line squared or in other words a square

3rd dimension: A square squared or a cube

4th dimension: The cube squared, this is tricky you have to think in different channels, mathematical channels. What the 4th dimension is best described as Time.

The 5th dimension: If you have ever read a Wrinkle in Time, it describes the 5th dimension as time squared, or otherwise called the tesseract. It has been scientifically proved that there is a tesseract.

Therefore what is the 6th dimension? The tesseract squared, I believe that is totally possible that the 6th dimension has something to do with the ethreal world.

Penny and Lucy have done things like the dogs above, there's one place in our barn where the dogs won't go for love nor money, they bark, growl, and raise their hackles at this place. We found out that the barn had burned down at one point and the father of the family who lived here before us had died in the fire. I never go down into the barn at night, even when we need wood for the stove, scares me stiff.
Bon
Almost a Veteran

11-06-2004, 09:10 AM
Nothing strange has happened where I live now but I have had many odd things happen in some of the places I have lived. One old house I hated to go to bed as it felt like something was pulling back the covers and trying to get in bed with me. At this point I would wake up and run like hell out of the room but one night my hushand tried to hold me back and I was screaming and my GSD was lunging, snarling and snapping at "something' beside me.
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2004, 09:14 AM
God! That would have scared me to death!
Bon
Almost a Veteran

11-06-2004, 09:18 AM
Oh Kate it did scare me to death.
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2004, 09:19 AM
I'm not suprised!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

11-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Thanks for pyshics lesson GL! Dimensions are indeed a wierd and wonderful thing..

Bon, thas awful!

Something on the same note... Sometimes 'we' may wake up feeling that 'someone' is pushing us down and we cant move our arms or legs or fight back as they are too powerful - if this happens to you, dont worry bcos all it is is your body is still in partial 'sleep mode' (and in sleep mode our brain 'turns off' our 'movements' (so we don't hurt ourselves acting put our dreams)). Basically it jus takes a little while for your brain to work out you've woken up and it's ok to give you your arms and legs back!

Has this happened to anyone?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >