View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Good to know Doris is home, wishing her well for a good recovery.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the update Nicci, been checking the thread regularly and was getting worried
Don`t worry about her being skittish around Jess, the likelihood is that she never saw the evil scum who did this so she`s unlikely to associate it to anyone in terms of child / adult / gender, [ its usually males I believe, I cant remember reading of any girls / women being caught doing something so heinous - apologies for sounding sexist there, I just honestly have`nt heard of female association to this sort of sick attack though that does`nt mean females never do it by any means, and I`m rambling now, doh ! ].

Her skittishness is probably more to do with protecting her face if she usually plays and snuggles with Jess as she knows herself she is`nt up to it yet, especially as `cuddles` at the moment will be related, [ in her mind ], to the cleaning you need to be doing for her plus any cat having to wear a lampshade usually feels out of sorts anyway.

Its sickening that what lowlifes find so amusing to do to defenceless animals means so much suffering for pets and their families during the aftermath for those lucky enough to survive being shot and the grief and heartbreak for those who`s pets don`t live through it.
The scum doing it must be pychologically damaged, what ever age they are. I would`nt be suprised if they grew up with parents who play the banjo and have music duels with them...
This is one time when the old Victorian standards of locking such people away in a hell hole institution for life would be apt and even then probably too soft a solution. I know what I`d want to do to them. I`m a pacifist at heart but in cases like this I could make an exception big time
:smt027 :smt027 :smt027

Please give little Doris a gentle stroke from me and tell her a lot of people are rooting for her to heal quickly )))hugs(((
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Glad to hear that Doris is back home now. Poor girl, hope that everything goes ok on Tuesday and that the antibiotics settle everything down.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-02-2007, 07:58 PM
I've tried to take some photo's of the wound today, but shes still not letting me get too close the clearest one I managed to get was this one but you cant see it terribly well

Then I managed to snap this one a few minutes later, as you can see she's not terribly happy with that collar on it really freaks her out

Me and Doris say thanks for all your well wishes
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Awww poor poor Doris.......((((((hugs and Kisses))))))
heal well baby xxx
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Poor Doris and you too as its such a shock to see an animal injured and deliberately too. Our local news tonight says a teenage boy hurt by air rifle pellet yesterday by men supposedly shooting crows! Grr if I could get them "
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4