Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 11:06 AM

Shetland Pony needs a caring and understanding home

I am looking to find a knowledgeable and caring home for my Shetland Pony, Strom. He is a lovely little personality and makes a fine lead-rein pony or companion for another horse or horses. He suffers from sweet itch and I have tried everything from rugs, special sweet itch lotions and sprays, Avon Skin So Soft and even bringing him into the stable when the midges are bad, but nothing seems to give him relief.

I live on moorland in Scotland and it can get very midgey here I am therefore looking for a home in a less midgey area for him, ideally with other horse company.

If anybody is interested (I am on the border of the Scottish Borders and East Lothian) please contact me privately for more info and pics.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Oh Moobli, i'm sorry you have to rehome him, sweet itch is such a nuisance for them though and of course with all the midgies up there...

I only wish it was a few years down the line and i could take him on for our new arrival, just not the right time at the moment. Good luck in finding him a home and keep us updated. Have you got a picture of him?

How old is he?